ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa for Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vishaltucker
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa for Spouse

Post by vishaltucker » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:50 pm

Hi There,

Need some help on similar topic.

I have just got ILR under long residence (10 years) route and have a partner who doesn't qualify for the ILR under same route yet. I was the primary holder of the Tier 2 ICT visa earlier and the existing Tier 2 dependent visa for them runs until Mar'22. Do we need to apply for FLR visa for my partner now or can we wait until the current visa expires? Additionally, can my partner and son travel and re-enter into UK on existing Tier2 ICT Visa?

Also, how can I register my child as British citizen directly now that I have the ILR. He already has the Indian passport so what would be the process to move to British citizenship?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant Visa for Spouse

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm

1. Do NOT tag your questions onto other members topics. It is considered rude and unfair. Your post has been split to your own topic.

2. Your dependents must switch to FLR m before they travel. They risk being refused entry to the UK as the purpose of their visas is no longer valid due to your ilr on the 10 year route (yes, this has happened to members).

3. Where was your child born, in the UK or abroad? If born in the UK,apply to register the child as British in form MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.