ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR application - Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Dependent ILR application - Documents

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:31 am

Hi all,

I hold a Tier 2 dependent visa. My wife already has her ILR.

I want to apply for my ILR next year.

Entry into the UK - 06-06-2013
Tier 2 Dependent Visa Expires: 15-05-2018

Can someone please point me to UKBA / UKVI link or information on the documents which i need to submit for my ILR application.

I cannot find information in any of the online websites regarding the list of documents to be submitted along with the application for a dependent like myself.

Thanks,
Hemanth

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Re: Dependent ILR application - Documents

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:52 am

Sorry I could not edit the above post and hit the send button too quick. Please see my revised post below;

Hi all,

I hold a Tier 2 dependent visa. My wife already has her ILR.

I want to apply for my ILR next year.

Can someone please point me to UKBA / UKVI link or information on the documents which i need to submit for my ILR application.

A couple of questions in my mind that I had difficulty in finding answers online related to documents especially for dependents like myself;

1. Is there a financial requirement (as in how much do I need to show on the bank account?)? Do I need to maintain minimum balance over a few months in my account?
2. Do I need to produce any documents of my wife? Like her salary statements or bank statements etc?
3. Do I need a letter from my employer?
3. Do I need copies of P60?
5. Continuous residence:
- Letter from myself informing absences from the UK.
- Letter from my sponsor confirming absences from the UK.
6. Employment letter: Is this required. I read somewhere that this is a must and should clearly mention that I am still required for foreseeable future.

I will be producing the following that I am aware of; Kindly correct me if any of the below are not necessary.

1. Completed Set (O) form + my current BRP, passport and photos.
2. My graduation certificate.
3. Degree taught in English letter from my university.
4. My recent 3 months payslip and associated bank statements for the same months. Or Should I produce 6 months?
5. Marriage certificate
6. 2 years Proof of cohabitation (utility bills / tenancy agreement)

Thanks,
Hemanth

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:07 pm

1. Is there a financial requirement (as in how much do I need to show on the bank account?)? Do I need to maintain minimum balance over a few months in my account? No to all

2. Do I need to produce any documents of my wife? Like her salary statements or bank statements etc? Not sure.

3. Do I need a letter from my employer? No

4. Do I need copies of P60? No

5. Continuous residence:
- Letter from myself informing absences from the UK. Not required for PBS Dependents.
- Letter from my sponsor confirming absences from the UK. Not required if you are a dependent. You are dependent on your spouse so not sure who your 'sponsor' is.

6. Employment letter: Is this required. I read somewhere that this is a must and should clearly mention that I am still required for foreseeable future. You are confusing things. If you are a PBS Dependents this is NOT required.
I will be producing the following that I am aware of; Kindly correct me if any of the below are not necessary.

1. Completed Set (O) form + my current BRP, passport and photos.
2. My graduation certificate. What is this??
3. Degree taught in English letter from my university. Is this a UK degree??
4. My recent 3 months payslip and associated bank statements for the same months. Or Should I produce 6 months? You are overthinking this. You do not need every document your spouse needed as a Tier 2 main visa holder.
5. Marriage certificate
6. 2 years Proof of cohabitation (utility bills / tenancy agreement)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:24 pm

@CR001:

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Really helpful. And also surprised how the process is so much easier for a dependent.

I entered the UK on 06-06-2013 . Can I apply for my ILR 28 days before the full 5 years i.e 09-05-2018 onwards? My current Tier 2 dependent visa expires on 15-05-2018 .

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:45 pm

hemanthjava wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:24 pm
@CR001:

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Really helpful. And also surprised how the process is so much easier for a dependent.

I entered the UK on 06-06-2013 . Can I apply for my ILR 28 days before the full 5 years i.e 09-05-2018 onwards? My current Tier 2 dependent visa expires on 15-05-2018 .
Yes you can apply within 28 days.

You can apply on/after Wednesday, 9 May 2018

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:29 pm

Thanks makky86!

Wish you all a Happy New Year!

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi all,

I completed my Engineering in India and got my bachelors degree (Visvesvaraya Technological University). The medium of instruction was in English and I have a letter from the university stating degree was taught in English.

Should I also get the NARIC certificate (https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/ )?

Thanks,
Hemanth

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 am

You need to do the NARIC ELA and comparable assessment, costs £150, UKVI Red Route NARIC assessment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 am
You need to do the NARIC ELA and comparable assessment, costs £150, UKVI Red Route NARIC assessment.
Many thanks. I was just processing my application for the NARIC. Can you please confirm if the attached is all I need. Because it's just 50 GBP (and not £150). Or am I missing something.

I have uploaded all my degree transcripts, the final degree certificate and the certificate from the university stating my education medium was English.

There were 4 products to choose from and I believe I only chose the "Visa and Nationality service".

Statement of Comparability
Visa and Nationality service
Career Path Report
Statement of Comparability for the Early Years Sector

Thanks.
Attachments
1.png
English Language Assessment
1.png (48.31 KiB) Viewed 4199 times

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:59 pm

It is £150 and you need both. you need the English assessment AND the comparability to a UK degree assessment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:59 pm
It is £150 and you need both. you need the English assessment AND the comparability to a UK degree assessment.
Hi,

Apologies for the back and forth. But I have selected 3 options now;

Statement of Comparability
Visa and Nationality service
English Language Assessment

It does not feel right as this is now Total £270.80

Please see attached. Can you please let me know if I have selected the right options.

Thanks,
Hemanth
Attachments
1-min.png
1-min.png (30.98 KiB) Viewed 4182 times

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:46 pm

I also just selected the 2 options as shown in the attachment and that is less than 150.

Thanks,
Hemanth
Attachments
2.PNG
2.PNG (45.42 KiB) Viewed 4179 times

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Visa and nationality Red Route at £125 plus VAT = £150 and does both assessments. The page clearly tells you this.

https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20 ... fault.aspx
www.naric.org.uk/VisasAndNationality is the designated service supporting individuals applying for UK visas or for settlement in the UK, provided by UK NARIC on behalf of the Home Office.

Apply online for official UK NARIC statements, custom-designed for immigration purposes, that confirm your academic qualification level and/or English language proficiency – as appropriate for your personal circumstances and immigration route. All the key information required by Home Office UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) case workers is presented clearly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arunkmajumdar
India

Post by arunkmajumdar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 am

CR001 wrote:
Plus £8.50 for a special delivery postage, again, waste of money.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 am

arunkmajumdar wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 am
CR001 wrote:
Plus £8.50 for a special delivery postage, again, waste of money.

Thanks
No one is forcing the user to do NARIC. They could of course do the B1 course in 10 minutes for the same price.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

arunkmajumdar
India

Post by arunkmajumdar » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:00 am

Again a waste of £150 and time. I am not criticising you. In one hand - they want you to pass life in the UK, which is in English btw and on the other hand you need to prove your education was in English and comparable, when you are leading multi-million pounds accounts for this economy. I have seen the B1 level videos - they ask you 'WHAAAAT IIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS YOURRRRRRRRRRRRR NAAAMMEEEE?' as if you have difficulty in understanding. Sorry for this, but I see the whole process is just 'PAY US MORE MONEY, WE DON'T CARE' type attitude.

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:28 pm

arunkmajumdar wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:00 am
Again a waste of £150 and time. I am not criticising you. In one hand - they want you to pass life in the UK, which is in English btw and on the other hand you need to prove your education was in English and comparable, when you are leading multi-million pounds accounts for this economy. I have seen the B1 level videos - they ask you 'WHAAAAT IIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS YOURRRRRRRRRRRRR NAAAMMEEEE?' as if you have difficulty in understanding. Sorry for this, but I see the whole process is just 'PAY US MORE MONEY, WE DON'T CARE' type attitude.
Mate if you want to whine about the process, please use a different forum. Don't hi-jack this thread.

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi,

As stated in my original post in this thread;

I hold a Tier 2 dependent visa since 06-06-2013 . My wife already has her ILR.

I want to apply for my ILR in May this year.

Can I please get clarification on the below;

Do I need to provide cohabitation proof for two years or five years?

Thanks,
Hemanth

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Post by hemanthjava » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi,

Can I please get a response to my previous question.

Thanks,
Hemanth

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:37 am

hemanthjava wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:46 pm
I also just selected the 2 options as shown in the attachment and that is less than 150.

Thanks,
Hemanth
Hi

I have done this for my wife who is Tier 2 dependent. I also confirmed from NARIC if this is acceptable by Home office for ILR application and they said yes. The major difference between Red route and this is it takes 5 days extra here for NARIC and Red route is a complete package of both statement of comparability and English assessment.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:21 am

arunkmajumdar wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:00 am
Not to turn this into a flame war thread 🔥, not all immigrants are fluent in English or come on a tiered route where they have a degree taught in English, for some doing just even the B1(B1.1) test is a challenge for them.

As for a waste of money, yes I understand UKVI charge excessive amounts and unfortunately this is a business model they have, you can say taken well advantage of I'm some aspects.

But I believe if In some other aspects the system itself has been taken advantage of as well in past and like any country where there is demand, this is bound to happen.

What may be a waste of money for you maybe godsend for someone else just by doing that simple test of 10 minutes even if it does involve them asking
WHAAAATIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS YOURRRRRRRRRRRRR NAAAMMEEEE?

Balance for the purposes of immigration is a very hard aspect to achieve, not that I think UKVI are doing that but you can see where the issue could arise from.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.