ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent status after ILR for main applicant and changing employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Max2
Newly Registered
India

Dependent status after ILR for main applicant and changing employer

Post by Max2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:57 am

Dear All,

Could you please suggest in the below situation:

I just got my ILR in April 2021 after completing 10 years under long stay route SET LR (on Tier 2 ICT 9+ years) and tier 2 general visa- remaining period was assigned in 2020. My wife, son came in UK in October 2011 on tier 2 ICT dependent visa subsequently change to Tier 2 General dependent visa and Wife, Son’s visa is going to be expired by Oct 2021(They will be completing 10 years Lawful living in UK in Oct 2021 if it is valid).

So i'm wondering what would be the status of my dependents. If I change my current employer and leave the Tier 2 General sponsor company and join new employer or take up new job.

My questions are:
-1. Can they continue on their PBS dependent visa as they have valid visa till October?
- Is it considered as lawful living for remaining period on PBS dependent as my immigration status changed to ILR as I am joining a new employer.

If that's also not possible the default option would be for my wife, son to apply for FLR for the period until she completes 10 years, is that right?

Kind Regards

vinny

Re: Dependent status after ILR for main applicant and changing employer

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:46 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.