ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa or spouse visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Msip
Newly Registered
India

Dependent visa or spouse visa

Post by Msip » Thu May 25, 2023 8:11 pm

I'm on a Health and care worker Visa and currently eligible for ILR.
If my partner is on health and care dependent Visa once I get ILR will she have to change her visa to spouse visa. If she does change her visa, will it effect her eligibility for ILR/Settlement in future??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa or spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:26 pm

will she have to change her visa to spouse visa.

No.
If she does change her visa, will it effect her eligibility for ILR/Settlement in future??
If you switch her visa, her ILR clock resets to zero and a new 5 year route to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Dependent visa or spouse visa

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 26, 2023 6:07 am

Msip wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:11 pm
I'm on a Health and care worker Visa and currently eligible for ILR.
If my partner is on health and care dependent Visa once I get ILR will she have to change her visa to spouse visa. No, continue to extend her visa as dependent on SWV. If she does change her visa, will it effect her eligibility for ILR/Settlement in future??