ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Disabled-Refusal ILR SET (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dcdd1
Newly Registered

Disabled-Refusal ILR SET (M)

Post by dcdd1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi I'm a British Citizen registered disabled and industrial injuries life award, married to a Filipino woman 6 years we have done 2 visas leave to remain in UK 5 year route, and have applied for Indefinite leave to remain last march by post for my wife. We waited 6 months and received refusal 19th Sept 2018, refusal on two grounds:

1.Financial requirements
2. Did not meet the knowledge of Life in UK requirement

My wife was working and had to come out of work due to joint problems diagnosed (Chronic Hypermobili
ty) because of my disability pip high rate we now support and look after eachother. When the appilcation was sent a doctors letter was included for her exemption to take Life in UK. They refused this because of no exemption form or consultant letter. We now are on appeal and have exemption form and consultants letters and new doctors letter comfirming she is not to take test.They did not take into consideration me being financially exempt.

We are on appeal and have hearing in March 2019 any advice welcome thanks

David

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Disabled-Refusal ILR SET (M)

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Sorry to hear about the refusal.

What evidence did you submit in support of exemption of the financial requirement?

How does a joint health problem affect the ability to do the English B1 test and life in the UK test as neither are written tests?
. The joint hypermobility syndrome is a condition that features joints that easily move beyond the normal range expected for that particular joint. Symptoms of the joint hypermobility syndrome include pain in the knees, fingers, hips, and elbows.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions
. The only exceptions will be those who are aged 65 or over or whose physical or mental condition severely inhibits the ability to communicate or take the Life in the UK test. (Minors are ineligible for naturalisation, therefore an exemption for under 18s is not relevant.)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dcdd1
Newly Registered

Re: Disabled-Refusal ILR SET (M)

Post by dcdd1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi
thank you for your reply, the financial evidence are the proof of Disabled benefits bank statements consultants letters and doctors reports, and for my wife the doctor has filled out exemption form and new doctors letter and consultants reports stating her physical condition severely inhibits the ability to take the Life in the UK test.

thanks

David