ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do PBS child dependents (born outside UK) need 5 years for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Do PBS child dependents (born outside UK) need 5 years for ILR

Post by rubyracer2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:43 am

Hi Gurus,

For kids born outside the UK, do they need to complete 5 years in the UK or can apply for ILR when both parents have ILR. Do they have to apply for ILR or can apply directly for citizenship?

Many Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do PBS child dependents (born outside UK) need 5 years for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:51 am

For kids born outside the UK, do they need to complete 5 years in the UK or can apply for ILR when both parents have ILR.
They can apply when both parents apply for ILR or both parents have ILR, presumably on the PBS route and not long residence route.
Do they have to apply for ILR or can apply directly for citizenship?
They need ILR first. They have no entitlement to register as British without ILR like UK born children have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:04 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:51 am
They can apply when both parents apply for ILR or both parents have ILR, presumably on the PBS route and not long residence route.
Thanks Char, so the kids themselves dont have to wait 5 years and I can apply ILR for them after my wife gets her ILR :D

Also, after getting ILR is there any hard requirement to go for citizenship in an year? Since they have permanent residence, is it ok to wait for a few years before applying for BC.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 am

Thanks Char, so the kids themselves dont have to wait 5 years and I can apply ILR for them after my wife gets her ILR :D
They can apply at the same time as your wife.
Also, after getting ILR is there any hard requirement to go for citizenship in an year? Since they have permanent residence, is it ok to wait for a few years before applying for BC.
They can apply at any time once EITHER parent is also applying for citizenship or is already British and the other parent holds ILR. There is no requirement that it must be applied at exactly 12 months after ILR or the possibility of citizenship is lost.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 am
They can apply at the same time as your wife.
They can apply at any time once EITHER parent is also applying for citizenship or is already British and the other parent holds ILR. There is no requirement that it must be applied at exactly 12 months after ILR or the possibility of citizenship is lost.
Thank you, appreciate all you do on this site.

Hempan
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by Hempan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi Gurus
I am completing 5th anniversary of tier1 entrepreneur visa on 8th December 2019 and my wife also completing 5 years tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa on same day. We have two sons who are 12 years and 9 years old. They were come to this country on my tier 1 child dependent visa on 2015 and back to the country on 2017. Again they came back to the UK on my tier 1 dependent visa on may2019 and sep 2019(arrival difference date). Can our sons apply ILR with our ILR application on same time (8th December 2019) without completing 5 years ? which application form SET(O) or SET(F)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Hempan wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:18 pm
Hi Gurus
I am completing 5th anniversary of tier1 entrepreneur visa on 8th December 2019 and my wife also completing 5 years tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa on same day. We have two sons who are 12 years and 9 years old. They were come to this country on my tier 1 child dependent visa on 2015 and back to the country on 2017. Again they came back to the UK on my tier 1 dependent visa on may2019 and sep 2019(arrival difference date). Can our sons apply ILR with our ILR application on same time (8th December 2019) without completing 5 years ? which application form SET(O) or SET(F)?
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-for-chil ... l#p1845149
Char (CR001 not Casa)