ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we need proof that we are living together if we r married

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pullikanti

Do we need proof that we are living together if we r married

Post by pullikanti » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi,
I got HSMP visa in Feb 2007. I came to UK in April 2007.
My husband also came here at same time as my dependent.
We have to apply for ILR in Feb 2012. I heard that for dependent partners we need to prove that we are staying together for the last two years before to get ILR for both of us. But, is it true for married partners as well? For married partner, just marriage cetificate is not enough?

Thanks in advance for advice.

geriatrix

Re: Do we need proof that we are living together if we r mar

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:39 pm

pullikanti wrote:I heard that for dependent partners we need to prove that we are staying together for the last two years before to get ILR for both of us.
When applying for settlement as spouse / partner of a settled person / British citizen, and not when applying for settlement as dependent of HSMP / PBS migrant.
pullikanti wrote:? For married partner, just marriage cetificate is not enough?.
It is.

regards

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi,
thank you for the reply.
I have another doubt regarding ILR for our kids.
We have two kids, one is 3 years old and the other is 7 months old.
As I and my husband work, we kept our kids in India with our parents.
We have to apply for ILR in Feb 2012.
We are planning to bring our kids here two or three months before applying for ILR. Will this be ok? Or is there any rule that our kids should stay with us here for certain period of time before applying for ILR.

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Should be okay (319J).

Where were they born?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:37 am

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
They are born here in UK only.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:46 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi,
I am really happy to know this.
I have seen the application form MN1 and found that they are asking to fill details of the time periods when the child is out of country and reasons for it.

I am quiet worried about this because our children are in India with our parents since they are 1 to 2 months old. (As I have to go back to job).
Will this be a problem.
Also what should we state in the reasons column when we fill in this section in form MN1

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:03 pm

pullikanti wrote:Will this be a problem.
No.