Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Document required for Depedant(Wife) for ILR

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 pm

Document required for Depedant(Wife) for ILR

Post by suprakash.samanta » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:04 am

My wife has completed her Life in Uk test. Now I am planning to apply ILR in Sept. As a joint documents, we have Bank statement and Rented Agreement where my name and my wife name is there. Aprt from this i do not have any other joint address proof. She have letter from NHS and UKBA whih shows previous address, can i use this for my wife address proof.


User avatar
Posts: 17261
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 am
Location: England, UK

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:22 am

I gather this will be a set(m) application, if not, is it a set(o) PBS dep?

For roughly, every 4 months of the 2 year period, you need one joint letter or a letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Senior Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:40 am

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:38 am

D4109125 wrote:a letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources.
Does that mean every 4 month, 6 (3 Main + 3 Dependent) address proofs on individual?

I have:
  • Main = Debit Card1 Statement, Credit Card1 Statement
    Dependent (Spouse) = Debit Card1 Statement, Credit Card1 Statement and Credit2 Statement
  • We both have our names on Tenancy agreements for last 3 years.
    We both have our names on Council Tax bill for last 3 years
    I have planned to get Letter from GP
    Spouse Maternitly related letter from NHS
    Card to caste vote for last two years for both
Could you please advice the most appropriate combination of documents to fulfil cohabitation requirement.


Posts: 30407
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:49 am

vinny wrote:Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.