ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earliest application date for ILR (BRP issue date vs Vignette sticker date)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pulak25
Newly Registered
India

Earliest application date for ILR (BRP issue date vs Vignette sticker date)

Post by pulak25 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:09 pm

Hi, I'm an Indian citizen with a Tier 2 General visa currently, and I'm applying for ILR.

I applied for my Tier 2 visa whilst in Germany, on 20th May 2016. I was given a vignette sticker for the Tier 2 visa, effective 27th June 2016 (until 27th July 2016). I entered the UK on 30th June 2016. After I entered the UK, I picked up my BRP, which had the issue date of 14th June 2016 (and an expiration date of 1st July 2021).

Does my qualifying period for ILR begin on the BRP issue date (14th June 2016) or on the vignette validity date (27th June 2016) or on the date of entry into the UK (30th June 2016)?

And would the earliest I could apply for ILR be 28 days before 5 years have elapsed from the qualifying period? Would be grateful if someone could give the actual earliest date of application.

I have looked at all official UK immigration websites and this is not clarified anywhere I could find.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Earliest application date for ILR (BRP issue date vs Vignette sticker date)

Post by zimba » Sat May 08, 2021 7:06 pm

27th June 201614th June 2016 is the date. (Use that date + 5years - 28 days) to apply
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pulak25
Newly Registered
India

Post by pulak25 » Sun May 09, 2021 11:29 am

Thanks very much. Just for my understanding, do you know why the BRP issue date is not considered in this circumstance?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon May 10, 2021 12:04 am

Correction, the BRP date is the earliest so that must be used: indefinite-leave-to-remain/which-date-t ... l#p1984995
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice