I'm eligible for ILR as of Dec 2021. I've currently got 2 employees on the payroll, and wanted to check in about my plan to ensure my employment requirements are met.
I should state that this plan is entirely relying on the updated provision in the Tier 1 guidance stating "The 12 month period employment requirement can be made up of multiple jobs across different months, but must be the equivalent to 2 full time jobs when combined."
Right, so my current employment record during my extension is:
- Employee 1: Dec 2020 + Jan 2021 (2 months)
- Employee 2: Dec 2020 - now (will be 8 months at the end of July 2021)
- Employee 3: May 17 2021 - now (will be 2.5 months at the end of July 2021)
This creates a deficit of 11.5 months as of the end of July 2021.
To make up for this deficit:
- Employee 2: Aug - Nov (4 months)
- Employee 3: Aug - Nov 15 (3.5 months)
- NEW HIRE - Employee 4: Aug - Sep (2 months)
- NEW HIRE - Employee 5: Aug - Sep (2 months)
At any rate, does anyone see any particular issue with the above plan? This would total 24 months across 5 employees. Employee 2 would be for a full 12 months ("job 1"), with Employees 1,3,4,5 making up the other 12 months total ("job 2"). I guess my prime question is around "multiple jobs across different months" stated in the guidance - does that translate into any combination? Do the jobs have to be sequential, or can they be simultaneous as I'm attempting to do?
Any reassurance (or otherwise) would be very much appreciated.