Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

ENglish Language Certificate from NARIC

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:54 am

ENglish Language Certificate from NARIC

Post by supukura » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am on Tier 2 General visa and applying for ILR this year.

I have a B.Tech degree from India. I never had to submit proof of English Language for either my Tier 2 General application or my Tier 2 General visa extension. Please can you confirm if

1 - I need a letter from NARIC to prove my degree was taught in English Language?
2 - Which letter should I request from NARIC in that case? (English Language Assessment, Statement of Comparability or Visa and Nationality Services)
3 - Will my dependent also need to provide an English Language letter from NARIC?
4 - Will NARIC send a letter or the certificate to be submitted to UKBA with my application?
5 - Do I need to request for the certificate separately from NARIC?

Many Thanks,

Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:48 am

Re: ENglish Language Certificate from NARIC

Post by charmy244 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi, I have got the same question for English Language Requirement.

What documents did you submit for your ILR for English language requirement if your degree was taught in English in India ?

I would really appreciate your help :)