ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crzfst
Newly Registered

ESOL

Post by crzfst » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:42 pm

just need some info on ESOL.

english is a second language, but i've got no difficulty with it. do i need to take an ESOL course or test? if not, how do i prove i do not need to take one?

many thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 pm

You need to either sit the Life in the UK test (KOL) or complete an ESOL with Citizens content course.
The Life in the UK test isn't a test of your language ability. It's testing your knowledge of UK customs, politics, social history and law.
Even Australians and US national have to take the test even though their first language is English.

crzfst
Newly Registered

Post by crzfst » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am

thanks. i think i should have worded my question better, but i have found the answer.

the main query was whether or not i had to do both. was purely because i didn't really know what an ESOL was.

but all sorted and cleared now.

thanks.