ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence for Continuous Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

priasda85
Newly Registered
India

Questions on ILR Application

Post by priasda85 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi,
I have recently completed 5 years on my Tier 2 General visa which means I should be able to apply for ILR.
However I have few questions and will really appreciate if anyone can help with these.

1. Continuous Residence Calculation -
I arrived UK in May 2010(T2 ICT), switched to T2 General on 4th Aug 2014 and have been working with the same employer under same role since then. In the meantime I did extend my Leave to Remain twice, the most recent was on 25th June 2019.
In this period I have been outside UK for total of 247 days(including weekend trips) for holidays but never been outside UK for more than 40 days in any 12 months period during these 5 years. I hope this is perfectly within the permissible limit to be treated as continuous residence?

2. Evidence of Continuous Residence -
What evidence you usually recommend to prove continuous residence.
i) Is a letter from my employer (A rated sponsor) stating all my holidays is sufficient? Often I have travelled only during weekend though.
ii) Can I show UK entry stamps on my passport? Problem is it doesn't show on which date I left UK and there are cases when I have entered UK more than twice within a month.
iii)Do they really need boarding pass for all my travels? This is near impossible to cover all the trips given there are cases where travel was done with Airlines no longer exist, and often have only used direct mobile boarding pass so don't have them all in email.

3. Solicitor or Self Application -
Although this may be a personal preference but do you usually recommend taking help from an Immigration solicitor or applying by myself should be sufficient in this case.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Questions on ILR Application

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:45 pm

1. Yes
2. Entry and travel stamps from passport is enough
3. Apply yourself there is no need for a solicitor
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

priasda85
Newly Registered
India

Evidence for Continuous Residence

Post by priasda85 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi all,
I'm planning to submit my ILR this month. Can you please advise what is usually recommended as an evidence for continuous residence. Is a letter from my employer sufficient?
Based on a previous thread I was planning to submit a letter from employer and all my UK entry stamps and entry stamps in other countries on passport.
But I noticed I have around 50 odd trips outside UK in last 5 years 90% of which are on weekends/long weekends. few of the stamps(entry to other country) are no longer clearly visible and in one case I can't find the entry stamp(to other country) at all. For these specific dates should I submit the flight ticket and hotel booking as an additional evidence? Or will it confuse the case worker more.
All UK entry stamps are very clear although I don't think that necessarily prove on which specific dates I left UK.
Any advise will be really appreciated

zimba
Mood:

Re: Evidence for Continuous Residence

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:33 pm

You are overthinking this. Simply supply Entry and travel stamps from passports
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice