ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

evidence of cohabitation for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nhqazi
Newly Registered

evidence of cohabitation for ILR

Post by nhqazi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:12 pm

Dear sir
It is really a very helpful platform toward seeking help for ILR. I have completed my five years of living in the UK on Tier2 VISA. My wife and my UK born son (now 12 years) is also living with me since the beginning of the period, Both are living with me in the UK for 5 years and now for ILR one of the documents that are mentioned to attached with ILR application form O is:

"If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse."

Please note we have our last leave to remain was granted in June 2018. The first Tier2 VISA was issued in June 2013 followed by leave to remain in oct 2014 with both my son and my wife as Tier 2 Dependents. None of these (i.e. my son and my wife during this time went outside the UK and have been living with me in the same house.)

Both my wife and I have a separate bank account in the same bank having the same home address. Also, the electricity and council tax bills come under my name however my wife name has been named in the tenancy agreement for the house we are living in for the last four years. and my wife is also registered with GP along with me and my child and since last one year, my wife is also doing a job in London.

I would appreciate your comments, that in this case what could be possible documentary evidence of cohabitation.
Regards
Nadeem

Casa

Re: evidence of cohabitation for ILR

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:18 pm

You need 6 examples of co-habitation evidence, or 12 if in single names (6 each). These should be spread as evenly as possible over the 2 year qualifying period. A general guidance would be 1 document/correspondence ( 2 if in single names) every 4 to 5 months. These should be from at least 3 different sources.

Although official correspondence/bills etc are preferable, anything with the name/names, date and postal address would be acceptable.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nhqazi
Newly Registered

Post by nhqazi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:21 am

thank you very much for your reply. Are the following would be fine:

1. my bank statement showing my postal address
2. my wife bank statement showing the same postal address (2 evidence)

since my wife is also working so
our separate payslips with the same postal address (2 pieces of evidence)

3. letter from the registered GP showing same address (do we need to take the separate letter or one letter mentioning the name of both of us would be fine)

4. Letter from the school of my son

5. my wife Learn driving license and my driving license

6. letter from the landlord showing the name of both of us

Please advise. much appreciated
regards
Nadeem

kvcomp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by kvcomp » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:20 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:18 pm
These should be spread as evenly as possible over the 2 year qualifying period.
Which 2 years out of 5? First two, last two or any two? For example, we live together having Tier 2 General with my wife from 2014 till 2019. Should I provide evidence of our cohabitation for 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 or 2018/19? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:47 pm

kvcomp wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:20 pm
Casa wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:18 pm
These should be spread as evenly as possible over the 2 year qualifying period.
Which 2 years out of 5? First two, last two or any two? For example, we live together having Tier 2 General with my wife from 2014 till 2019. Should I provide evidence of our cohabitation for 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 or 2018/19? Thank you.
Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances and questions instead of tagging onto an old thread from November 2018!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.