ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Marriage and Birth Certificate for PBS dependent apply for ILR using SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kristybsw
Newly Registered
China

Evidence of Marriage and Birth Certificate for PBS dependent apply for ILR using SET(O)

Post by kristybsw » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am currently under PBS dependent visa based on my husband, who has obtained his ILR in 2014 from Tier 1 General route. I am applying ILR using SET(O) now.

My question is, in this application form I could not find supporting document or evidence needed for our marriage or for my son's birth certificate (he is not born in the UK). Do I need to provide our marriage certificate and evidence of our cohabitant(my husband and me) for SET(O) application as PBS dependent? :?:

If so, we have a mortgage under joint names for nearly 5 years. Would that be sufficient as the evidence of cohabitant?

I called the advice centre and they said that if it has not been specified in the application form then we do not need to show that. I suppose we have shown these evidence in our first application (granted) of dependent visa, so subsequent application would not require the same evidence? We are a bit confused. Please kindly help.

Thank you very much and best regards,
Kristy

jkcool
Mood:
India

Re: Evidence of Marriage and Birth Certificate for PBS dependent apply for ILR using SET(O)

Post by jkcool » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:27 pm

My wife and daughter applied last week for ILR using SET(O) form. We didn't submit marriage certificate or birth certificate (non UK born) with our application.

See my report here for the cohabitation docs that I submitted.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/successful-p ... l#p1607652

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Re: Evidence of Marriage and Birth Certificate for PBS dependent apply for ILR using SET(O)

Post by george1981 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Received ILR for my wife and son (Tier 2 dependent) last week @ Birmingham PSC.
In addition to other documents, please take the Passport and BRP of current ILR holder. For our case, the caseworker asked for that when we handed in our documents.

kristybsw
Newly Registered
China

Post by kristybsw » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 am

@ george1981 and anyone

thanks for your reply. I am the main applicant following theTier 1 dependent route. The ILR's passport and Biometric card are not specifically required in the SET(O) form. My husband needs to travel in the next few month, so I am hoping not to give the original passport and biometric card during the application. Is this necessary or has the home office obtained such information for our previous application (extend our stay as Tier 1 dependent following PBS dependent route)?

thank you very much.
Kristy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:08 am

You can submit copies of his BRP and passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kristybsw
Newly Registered
China

Post by kristybsw » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:03 am

Thank you!
CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:08 am
You can submit copies of his BRP and passport.

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:47 pm

kristybsw wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 am
@ george1981 and anyone

thanks for your reply. I am the main applicant following theTier 1 dependent route. The ILR's passport and Biometric card are not specifically required in the SET(O) form. My husband needs to travel in the next few month, so I am hoping not to give the original passport and biometric card during the application. Is this necessary or has the home office obtained such information for our previous application (extend our stay as Tier 1 dependent following PBS dependent route)?

thank you very much.
Kristy
Sorry I just saw this post. As CR001 mentioned, copied might be sufficient. As you indicated, the ILR's passport and BRP is not specifically mentioned in SET(O) application but it was with me as we attended the appointment together. So I could just handin when case worker asked.