ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(DL) English language Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rizcon

FLR(DL) English language Requirement

Post by Rizcon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Dear board members,
I’m about to apply for Indefinite leave to remain using FLR(DL) and would like to clarify the requirement for English language.

I granted Discretionary leave in April 2012 following a refusal of asylum application.

Do I’ve to show that I meet the minimum requirement(B1) for English at the time of applying for settlement?

Please guide me as form says nothing about it and I don’t want to loose around 10 grand as my dependents are also applying with me.

Many thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: FLR(DL) English language Requirement

Post by CMOSUK » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Rizcon wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:47 pm
Dear board members,
I’m about to apply for Indefinite leave to remain using FLR(DL) and would like to clarify the requirement for English language.

I granted Discretionary leave in April 2012 following a refusal of asylum application.

Do I’ve to show that I meet the minimum requirement(B1) for English at the time of applying for settlement?

Please guide me as form says nothing about it and I don’t want to loose around 10 grand as my dependents are also applying with me.

Many thanks
No, those on discretionary leave to remain are granted outside of the Immigration Rules and therefore there are no Financial or language requirements.

Refer to this link.

Knowledge of language and life in the UK (KoLL)
page 7

Also this link:

Exemption from the language requirements

However, you wish to naturalise as a British citizen, you will require the B1 English language and life in the UK test certificates.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.