ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) or SET(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

FLR(M) or SET(M)

Post by jrcouriers » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:16 am

Dear Seniors,

Please help me whether I can apply for SET(M) or FLR(M). I’ve given below the visa details of me and my husband. I would like to apply for a spouse visa on 2nd Nov 2020.

From To Visa Holiday Gaps Completed Years
Husban
Entered UK 2003
May-10 May-12 Tier 1 (General)
Sep-12 Sep-15 Tier 1 (General)
Feb-14 ILR got based on (LR)
Apr-15 Got British Citizen

Spouse
Entered UK Nov-11 May-12 Tier 1 (General) Partner
Sep-12 Sep-15 Dependant of Tier 1 (General) 11 Months gap
Sep-15 May-18 FLR(M) - Under 5 Years route 6 Yrs 6 m completed
May-18 Nov-20 Am I eligible for ILR or FLR(M)

When I went for FLR(M) visa extension in May-2018, they raised query because of my husband submitted only 3 months’ payslips due to doesn’t have job and they said, you are required to meet the financial requirement threshold of £18,600 but luckily my son got British passport so they couldn’t reject and given extension.
I didn’t expect they would raise query because in FLR(M) application there is option if you are entered in UK before July 2012 then don’t need to meet financial requirements threshold of £18,600. But don’t know am I correct or wrong.

I got 6 pages of Home Office letter but I mentioned last page.
Further Application:
If your circumstances remain the same, following a continuous period of lawful leave to remain in the UK for 10 years and subject to meeting the requirements of the immigration rules at the time, you may apply for indefinite leave to remain the UK. You must apply before the end of your authorised stay in the UK but not more than 28 days before completing that period. If you want to see all pages then I can attach.

Knowledge of English – I got B1 level from Trinity College and it was submitted for last extension of FLR(M). Can I submit same certificate either SET(M) or FLR(M)?
I got MSc Certificate from Outside of UK – Do I need to take both from UK NARIC?
• Are considered comparable to a Bachelor, Master’s or PhD Degree in the UK and
• Were taught solely in English.

I hope all can understand after read all my details. If you need more details, please let me know.

Kind regards,
JR

vinny

Re: FLR(M) or SET(M)

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:42 am

Unfortunately, it’s FLR(M), if you also meet the financial threshold requirements of £18,600 because of the switch in 2018. Knowledge of English B1 from Trinity may be okay.

Note that they had also switched you onto the 10-year family path in 2018? A grant of FLR(M) now will start your 5-year qualifying period for SET(M). However, you may still apply for ILR under Long residence if eligible, around Nov 2021, unless the 11 month gap broke the Long residence’s continuous residence requirement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:28 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:42 am
Unfortunately, it’s FLR(M), if you also meet the financial threshold requirements of £18,600 because of the switch in 2018. Knowledge of English B1 from Trinity may be okay.

Note that they had also switched you onto the 10-year family path in 2018? A grant of FLR(M) now will start your 5-year qualifying period for SET(M). However, you may still apply for ILR under Long residence if eligible, around Nov 2021, unless the 11 month gap broke the Long residence’s continuous residence requirement.
Thank you so much for your help Vinny and sorry for the late reply.

Oh god, I need to go again FLR(M).

Is it right or wrong for my 2018 application, please? I don't need now but just confirmation about this.
FLR(M) application there is option if you are entered in UK before July 2012 then don’t need to meet financial requirements threshold of £18,600.

Kind regards,
JR

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:32 pm

jrcouriers wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:28 pm
Is it right or wrong for my 2018 application, please? I don't need now but just confirmation about this.
FLR(M) application there is option if you are entered in UK before July 2012 then don’t need to meet financial requirements threshold of £18,600.
Unfortunately, in your case, the Rule changes prevented that.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:38 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:32 pm
jrcouriers wrote:
Ok thank you very much for your help Vinny.

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:37 pm

vinny wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Hi Vinny,

Sorry to bother you. I heard that there is no postal application and all changed to the online process. Is it right? If it is an online application, fill it and upload documents, is that enough. Or Do I need to take any appointment for an online application as well? What is the process please?
It's really annoying me and I need to apply before 2 Nov 2020.

thanks,
jr

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:42 pm

jrcouriers wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:37 pm
heard that there is no postal application and all changed to the online process. Is it right? If it is an online application, fill it and upload documents, is that enough. Or Do I need to take any appointment for an online application as well? What is the process please?

thanks,
jr
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/o ... eDocuments
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/o ... ppointment
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:10 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:42 pm
jrcouriers wrote:
heard that there is no postal application and all changed to the online process. Is it right? If it is an online application, fill it and upload documents, is that enough. Or Do I need to take any appointment for an online application as well? What is the process please?

thanks,
jr
Thank you very much seagul.

May I know the flr(m) application form link as well?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:13 pm

jrcouriers wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:10 pm
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

thanks,
jr

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:53 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:13 pm
jrcouriers wrote:
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

thanks,
jr

Hi Seagul,

Thank you for the link. I'm trying to fill the financial information in application but it is asking me 12 months of payslips.

I was working before but now I'm in maternity leave.
I'm earning gross salary around £7200 and my husband working as part time, gross salary £13500.

Here my question is, why it is asking 12 months payslips?
Does it mean that both payslips (me and husband) ? or because of my earnings are lower than finanical requirements?

I think application form has changed because when I was submitted flr(m) last time, it was different. It's getting raise too many question when filling this form.

Please help.

Thanks
jr

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:52 am

jrcouriers wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:53 am
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Hi Seagul,

Thank you for the link. I'm trying to fill the financial information in application but it is asking me 12 months of payslips.

I'm earning gross salary around £7200 and my husband working as part time, gross salary £13500.

Does it mean that both payslips (me and husband) ? or because of my earnings are lower than finanical requirements?

I think application form has changed because when I was submitted flr(m) last time, it was different. It's getting raise too many question when filling this form.

Please help.

Thanks
jr
Likewise many others, you are also reporting the same confusion where the system keep asking for the 12 month of payslips erroneously if you haven't selected the option #1. Better to choose option 1 and then add a covering letter highlighting your calculations.

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:19 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:52 am
jrcouriers wrote:
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Hi Seagul,

Please help.

Thanks
jr
Likewise many others, you are also reporting the same confusion where the system keep asking for the 12 month of payslips erroneously if you haven't selected the option #1. Better to choose option 1 and then add a covering letter highlighting your calculations.

Ok, thanks for your reply Seagul.
Will it affect anything that my husband is working part time instead of full time?

Thanks
jr

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:56 am

jrcouriers wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:19 am
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Hi Seagul,

Please help.

Thanks
jr

Will it affect anything that my husband is working part time instead of full time?

Thanks
jr
No it matters not, meeting the financial requirement is what matters.

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:58 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:56 am
jrcouriers wrote:
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Hi Seagul,

Please help.

Thanks
jr

Thanks
jr
No it matters not, meeting the financial requirement is what matters.
Ok thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:42 pm

jrcouriers wrote:
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Hi Seagul,

Please help.

Thanks
jr

Thanks
jr
No issue as all types of contracts are allowed.

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:57 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:42 pm
jrcouriers wrote:
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Hi Seagul,

Please help.

Thanks
jr

Thanks
jr
Thanks you seagul.
I've filled the online application except below questions. Could you please clarify on these.

I've two kids - Son has 7 years, got a British passport and the baby girl has 6 months, baby got birth certificat recently due to Covid-19 but didn't apply for British passport.

1. Provide details of the role you take in 'xxxx' (son) upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements. - What I need to write here...

2. Please list all extended family members this child has in the UK that are not included on this application. Do I need to write here his sister's name?

3. Who is financilly responsible for 'xxxxx': Should I select partner or both
  • Your
  • Partner
4. About daughter: six months only, she got birth certificate but didn't apply British passport yet.
Country of nationality: What I need to select..?

5. Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension; this includes if you are switching to a
partner visa from another type. There are 7 options but others are not related in my case and which one I’ve to select out of below two.
  • First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a finance€ or proposed civil partner of as settled person)
  • Additional extension as a partner
6. Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the data of application?
Yes
What do they earn? Which below option I've to select

Here my earnings are around £8200 Gross salary
• The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
• The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
• Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
• Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

7. Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the data of application?
Yes

Here Partner’s earnings £13,500 Gross salary

I'm sorry for asking too many questions. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
jr

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:28 pm

jrcouriers wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:57 pm
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:
seagul wrote:

Will it affect anything that my husband is working part-time instead of full time?

Thanks
jr
Thank you seagul.
I've filled the online application except for the below questions. Could you please help me with the below questions?

I've two kids - Son has 7 years, got a British passport and the baby girl has 6 months, baby got a birth certificate recently due to Covid-19 but didn't apply for a British passport.

1. Provide details of the role you take in 'XXXX' (son) upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements. - What I need to write here...

2. Please list all extended family members this child has in the UK that are not included in this application. Do I need to write here to his sister's name?

3. Who is financially responsible for 'xxxxx': Should I select a partner or both
  • Your
  • Partner
4. About daughter: six months only, she got a birth certificate but didn't apply for a British passport yet.
Country of nationality: What I need to select..?

5. Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension; this includes if you are switching to a
partner visa from another type. There are 7 options but others are not related in my case and which one I’ve to select out of below two.
  • First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a finance€ or proposed civil partner of as settled person)
  • Additional extension as a partner
6. Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?
Yes

7. Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?
Yes

Here Partner’s earnings £13,500 Gross salary

I'm sorry for asking too many questions. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
jr

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:08 pm

jrcouriers wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:38 am
vinny wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Dear seniors,

I've filled the online application except for the below questions. Could you please clarify these questions, anyone? date is coming close to apply....... please help.

I've two kids - Son has 7 years, got a British passport and the baby girl has 6 months, baby got birth certificate recently due to Covid-19 but didn't apply for a British passport.

1. Provide details of the role you take in 'XXXX' (son) upbringing, including details of your parental responsibility or access arrangements. - What I need to write here...

2. Please list all extended family members this child has in the UK that are not included in this application. Do I need to write here to his sister's name?

3. Who is financially responsible for 'xxxx' (Son): Should I select a partner or both
a. You
b. Partner

4. About daughter: six months only, she got a birth certificate but didn't apply for a British passport yet.
In application country of nationality: What I need to select..?

partner visa from another type. There are 7 options but others are not related in my case and which one I’ve to select out of the below two.

a. First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a finance€ or proposed civil partner of as settled person)

b. Additional extension as a partner

6. Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?
Yes

7. Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?
Yes

Partner’s earnings £13,500 Gross salary

Thanks
jr

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:28 pm

jrcouriers wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:08 pm
jrcouriers wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:38 am
vinny wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Dear seniors,

I've filled the online application except for the below questions. Could you please clarify these questions, anyone? date is coming close to apply....... please help.

I've two kids - Son has 7 years, got a British passport and the baby girl has 6 months, baby got birth certificate recently due to Covid-19 but didn't apply for a British passport.

3. Who is financially responsible for 'xxxx' (Son): Should I select a partner or both
a. You
b. Partner

In application country of nationality: What I need to select..?

partner visa from another type. There are 7 options but others are not related in my case and which one I’ve to select out of the below two.

a. First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a finance€ or proposed civil partner of as settled person)

b. Additional extension as a partner

Yes

Yes

Partner’s earnings £13,500 Gross salary

Thanks
jr

Dear Moderators,

I was posting some of the above FLR(M) questions but no one is responding to my questions. Am I doing anything wrong here while posting?

Please let us know if there is anything wrong.

Thanks
jr

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:59 pm

seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Hi Seagul,

Please help.

Thanks
jr

Thanks
jr

Hi all,

Please, at least can I get an answer to this question in flr(m) form?

Kind regards,
jr

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:25 pm

jrcouriers wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:59 pm
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:
seagul wrote:

Thanks
jr

Hi all,

This is straight forward on role you play in child's life or upbringing i.e. emotional, financial, physical support. Do you take him to or from school, doctors appointment, how often do you see or how many time a week/month does the child spend with you etc.
Kind regards,
jr

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:37 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:25 pm
jrcouriers wrote:
seagul wrote:
jrcouriers wrote:

Thanks
jr

Hi all,

This is straight forward on role you play in child's life or upbringing i.e. emotional, financial, physical support. Do you take him to or from school, doctors appointment, how often do you see or how many time a week/month does the child spend with you etc.
Kind regards,
jr
Thank you AmazonianX

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:05 pm

jrcouriers wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:37 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:25 pm
jrcouriers wrote:
seagul wrote:

Hi all,

Kind regards,
jr
Thank you AmazonianX
Hi All,

I got last two questions, please clarify on these...
Here my question are I'm showing payslips myself and sponsor for financial requirements. Did I select right?

Who is financially responsible for Janu (Daughter)? I've selected here You and Sponsor
• You
• Sponsor
• Other

Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities? I've selected here No
• Yes
• No

Kind regards
jr

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Not trick questions, to be answered honestly as appliesto you and your circumstances.

jrcouriers
Newly Registered

Post by jrcouriers » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:51 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:45 pm
Not trick questions, to be answered honestly as appliesto you and your circumstances.
Thanks for quick answer AmazonianX.