ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreseeable future requirement - employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sabm84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Tier2 General to ILR Application & Maternity Leave

Post by sabm84 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi,

I need urgent help from senior members and moderators. I am currently on tier 2 general visa and will be eligible to apply for ILR start of feb18. I have few questions and your help will be highly appreciated.

1. During my employment I got maternity leaves twice starting from Jun 16 - March 17 and then from Nov 17 - sep 18. So currently I am on maternity leave again. Will this impact my ILR application, having two (almost) back to back maternity leaves?

2. I am very confused about absences letter from employer. I only had paid annual leaves before I got pregnant first time which is less than 40 days a year. and then on my maternity leave I was out of the country only 50 days. My employer can mention the absences that I got (including maternity leaves?), but it will not mention whether I was out of the country as all those trips were for personal reasons and not business trips. So my question is if i could provide the proof of personal visits abroad in 5 years (example: flights tickets and passport stamps) in addition to the absences letter from employer (as it will not mention whether I was abroad as there were no business trips made), will that be acceptable?

sabm84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Tier2 General to ILR Application & Maternity Leave

Post by sabm84 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi,

Could anyone please help me with the query.. your advise will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
SM

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:06 pm

1. During my employment I got maternity leaves twice starting from Jun 16 - March 17 and then from Nov 17 - sep 18. So currently I am on maternity leave again. Will this impact my ILR application, having two (almost) back to back maternity leaves?
Not at all !! Get letter from your employer. Even if your salary is reduced due to maternity leave you can still apply for ILR.

2. I am very confused about absences letter from employer. I only had paid annual leaves before I got pregnant first time which is less than 40 days a year. and then on my maternity leave I was out of the country only 50 days. My employer can mention the absences that I got (including maternity leaves?), but it will not mention whether I was out of the country as all those trips were for personal reasons and not business trips. So my question is if i could provide the proof of personal visits abroad in 5 years (example: flights tickets and passport stamps) in addition to the absences letter from employer (as it will not mention whether I was abroad as there were no business trips made), will that be acceptable?
Get letter from employer mentioning that it was approved absenses. They can mention days you were out due to maternity leave. It will NOT impact your ILR as long as it was approved and you were not out more than 180 days in a year

Letter is very important , as long as you have it you're fine.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

sabm84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sabm84 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:27 am

Thanks alot.

Employer wont mention whether i went out of country for personal visits.. they will only mention the leaves i have taken. Is that still ok..

I can provide proves and history of personal visits in addition to the letter from employer.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:58 am

Employer wont mention whether i went out of country for personal visits.. they will only mention the leaves i have taken. Is that still ok..
Not required. As long as its its in letter.
I can provide proves and history of personal visits in addition to the letter from employer.
Not required. But can take the docs in case

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:11 am

Hi,

Sorry if this off topic, if the applicant is out of country for more than 270 days because of maternity leave.. can they still apply for British Citizenship ?

planning for citizenship in May 2018 for my wife (as spouse of BC) who is outside from UK (May 16 - June 16 working from India, July 16 - June 17 on Maternity leave).

Thanks,
Srivisa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:11 am
Hi,

Sorry if this off topic, if the applicant is out of country for more than 270 days because of maternity leave.. can they still apply for British Citizenship ?

planning for citizenship in May 2018 for my wife (as spouse of BC) who is outside from UK (May 16 - June 16 working from India, July 16 - June 17 on Maternity leave).

Thanks,
Srivisa.
Please, ask your own questions in the British citizenship sub forum rather than tagging onto another members topic asking about ILR. It is considered rude, your post has no relevance in this thread and is unfair to the original poster.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sabm84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sabm84 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:59 pm

makky86 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:58 am
Not required. As long as its its in letter.
Not required. But can take the docs in case
Thank u so much

sabm84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sabm84 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 pm

For payslips.. we normally recieve computerised payslips.. is that ok to take a colored print out of those as they are already on company letter head. .. or I need to get them certified as well..

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:45 pm

sabm84 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 pm
For payslips.. we normally recieve computerised payslips.. is that ok to take a colored print out of those as they are already on company letter head. .. or I need to get them certified as well..
Request original from employer. If you cannot then print and get it signed by sosmeone from HR

sabm84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Foreseeable future requirement - employer letter

Post by sabm84 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi
I have an urgent query regarding employer reference letter. My employer has refused to mention any future employement continuity on the reference letter. Can anybody pls share if there is a possibility to re phrase it or get ilr without this phrase.

Additionally my employer is willing to state my out of the country absences.. however wont mention annual leaves taken so far.. is that ok???

Some of my absences were due to getting canadian immigration.. so i had to travel to canada. Is that alright to mention this reason.. or will negatively effect my ILR application.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Foreseeable future requirement - employer letter

Post by makky86 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:49 pm

I have an urgent query regarding employer reference letter. My employer has refused to mention any future employement continuity on the reference letter. Can anybody pls share if there is a possibility to re phrase it or get ilr without this phrase.
So what has your employer put in the ltter? The letter should clearly mention that the you will be required for long time
Additionally my employer is willing to state my out of the country absences.. however wont mention annual leaves taken so far.. is that ok???
Letter only need to state the absenses out of the UK either annual leave or business
Some of my absences were due to getting canadian immigration.. so i had to travel to canada. Is that alright to mention this reason.. or will negatively effect my ILR application.
How many days you were absense? And were you still being paid during this time?

sabm84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sabm84 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi makky

Thank u so much for responding. Though i just read the responses.

I recieved the letter from employer mentioning i am required for the job in forseeable future. I was only absent for a week to canada and in total my absences were less than 180 days.

I got my ilr on 14th feb 18. Had no issues at all... :)

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:13 pm

sabm84 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Hi makky

I recieved the letter from employer mentioning i am required for the job in forseeable future. I was only absent for a week to canada and in total my absences were less than 180 days.

Congratz ! I am sure you are feeling relaxed after this journey :)

sabm84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sabm84 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:27 pm

I do :)

I am now in process of applying for my kids via mn1.

I want to know whether my daughter who is 4 months old requires a passport first. Or i i can proceed with her birth certificate only.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:47 pm

sabm84 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:27 pm
I do :)

I am now in process of applying for my kids via mn1.

I want to know whether my daughter who is 4 months old requires a passport first. Or i i can proceed with her birth certificate only.
You dont require passport for the daughter if she is UK born. Just certificate is enough

I suggest you use new online system + NDRS (https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... rn-service)

You apply online, pay and even download biometric letter online. This is quite quick service and you may get their certificate in a month.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:33 pm

sabm84 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Hi makky

Congrats :) Can you please share the format of your absense letter if it is ok. Like as urs i went to Back home for 4 weeks annual leave and come back and on the same year i went to USA for 3 weeks to visit family but i worked from there remotely in that 3 weeks as well! so i'm confused what shall i put it..working from distance or what!? please help

sabm84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sabm84 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi
My letter included all the required information like working hours, job title, date of joining, date granted tier 2 .. but more importantly soc code and its relevant salary, that i will be required in forseeable future and all the absences from uk though they all were personal visits.

For absences hr asked me to provide all the absences stating date of departure and arrival and reason of absence. I had to get all that approved by line managr. After that all details were include in the letter by hr.

I was not asked a single question on appointment day.