ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to mention Child benefit - Set M

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hasani007
Newly Registered

ILR SET M Questions

Post by hasani007 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:45 am

Hi guys,

This forum has been amazing for me for the FLR and initial visa for my spouse. Im now ready to finish off the ILR. Just some questions I need answering please:

1. I lived in my parents half the time in the past 2.5 years. Do I need to provide the property inspection letter again? It is dated 2017 will I need to sort out a new one?
2. Also related to above do i need to provide land registry papers for my parents house and letter of accommodation once again from my parents regarding our stay and when we moved out?
3. Just to confirm, we have a child born in UK with a British passport. I believe that does not mean we fill out the dependant child section?
4. I am a director of a company but I am not using it to meet the financial requirement as i meet it in my salary. Do I have to answer yes to are you a director of a company?
5. I believe everything can now be uploaded online. What about sending passport? I thought that was a must.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR SET M Questions

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:04 am

hasani007 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:45 am
Hi guys,

This forum has been amazing for me for the FLR and initial visa for my spouse. Im now ready to finish off the ILR. Just some questions I need answering please:

1. I lived in my parents half the time in the past 2.5 years. Do I need to provide the property inspection letter again? It is dated 2017 will I need to sort out a new one?
2. Also related to above do i need to provide land registry papers for my parents house and letter of accommodation once again from my parents regarding our stay and when we moved out?
3. Just to confirm, we have a child born in UK with a British passport. I believe that does not mean we fill out the dependant child section?
4. I am a director of a company but I am not using it to meet the financial requirement as i meet it in my salary. Do I have to answer yes to are you a director of a company?
5. I believe everything can now be uploaded online. What about sending passport? I thought that was a must.

Thank you
1,2. You need cohabitation documents for the last two years.
3. Correct
4. Answer NO
5. Nothing is sent to UKVI as everything will be scanned
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hasani007
Newly Registered

Post by hasani007 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:53 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:04 am
hasani007 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:45 am
Hi guys,

Thank you
1,2. You need cohabitation documents for the last two years.
3. Correct
4. Answer NO
5. Nothing is sent to UKVI as everything will be scanned

Thank you Zimba, just a follow up on 1 and 2. Is the land registry paper and letter of accommodation enough? Or is the property inspection letter a must.
We will also scan across letters in our names from the past 2.5 years whilst we lived in my parents home.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:19 pm

Any document is accepted. There is no specific requirement at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hasani007
Newly Registered

Forgot to mention Child benefit - Set M

Post by hasani007 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:50 am

Hi guys,

Im not sure if I have to but i forgot to mention that we receive Child benefit. We meet the threshold through my salary anyway. Shall i contact the home office? :oops:

hasani007
Newly Registered

Re: Forgot to mention Child benefit - Set M

Post by hasani007 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:05 am

Just to add child is British and my partner is British.

choc_mouse
Japan

Post by choc_mouse » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:45 am

Unless they ask specifically, there's no need to mention child benefit the British partner is entitled to claim. It's not a permitted source for the financial requirements anyway.

We also received child benefit but I don't recall mentioning it during FLR or ILR applications! Don't worry.

hasani007
Newly Registered

Post by hasani007 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:05 pm

choc_mouse wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:45 am
Unless they ask specifically, there's no need to mention child benefit the British partner is entitled to claim. It's not a permitted source for the financial requirements anyway.

We also received child benefit but I don't recall mentioning it during FLR or ILR applications! Don't worry.
Thank you for the reply. Its just the question mentioned - "Do you or your partner currently receive any of
these benefits?" We answered no. :?

choc_mouse
Japan

Post by choc_mouse » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:37 pm

I think the list of "these benefits" didn't include child benefit.

My understanding of the question is to check if you're exempt from the income threshold. So if you meet normal financial requirements, it's fine.

hasani007
Newly Registered

Post by hasani007 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:57 pm

choc_mouse wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:37 pm
I think the list of "these benefits" didn't include child benefit.

My understanding of the question is to check if you're exempt from the income threshold. So if you meet normal financial requirements, it's fine.
Thank you so much that is reassuring

hasani007
Newly Registered

Re: Uploading documents

Post by hasani007 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi guys, scanning all my documents now, do I have to scan all pages of the passport? 50+ pages?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Uploading documents

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:25 pm

hasani007 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:03 pm
Hi guys, scanning all my documents now, do I have to scan all pages of the passport? 50+ pages?
NO. There is no absence requirement