ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further Leave To Remain or Indefinite Leave To Remain?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

agentz619
Newly Registered

Further Leave To Remain or Indefinite Leave To Remain?

Post by agentz619 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:28 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well. I have a few questions as I am confused by the constant immigration rules changes, so please bear with me and any advice or help would be very much appreciated.

My wife came to the UK on the 18th August 2017 on a Spouse Visa. Our beautiful son was born in 2018. I renewed her Visa in 2020, so the time is coming up soon to renew the Visa again.

My question is do I now apply for Further Leave or Indefinite Leave To Remain? She is coming up to living in the UK for 5 years since she arrived back in 18th August 2017. My wife’s BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) expires on the 14th October 2022.

My second question is when should I apply, if my wife is eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain?

I would appreciate any kind of help, thank you.

B.A

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Further Leave To Remain or Indefinite Leave To Remain?

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:57 pm

agentz619 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:28 pm
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well. I have a few questions as I am confused by the constant immigration rules changes, so please bear with me and any advice or help would be very much appreciated.

My wife came to the UK on the 18th August 2017 on a Spouse Visa. Our beautiful son was born in 2018. I renewed her Visa in 2020, so the time is coming up soon to renew the Visa again.

My question is do I now apply for Further Leave or Indefinite Leave To Remain? She is coming up to living in the UK for 5 years since she arrived back in 18th August 2017. My wife’s BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) expires on the 14th October 2022.

My second question is when should I apply, if my wife is eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain?

I would appreciate any kind of help, thank you.

B.A
Her ILR application will be form SET M, eligible to apply from 21st July, 2022.

agentz619
Newly Registered

Post by agentz619 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:46 pm

I am getting everything ready to apply for ILR for my wife as she has now lived in the UK for over 5 years.

I have one question, does my wife needs to pass the LIFE IN THE UK Test in order to apply for ILR?

Thank you.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:59 pm

agentz619 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:46 pm
does my wife needs to pass the LIFE IN THE UK Test in order to apply for ILR?
Yes. Also an B1 level English language test.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.