ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got a PCN (traffic offence) and worried about Visa/ILR refusal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

routbisu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Got a PCN (traffic offence) and worried about Visa/ILR refusal

Post by routbisu » Tue May 11, 2021 9:21 am

Hi helpful people,

I am new to the UK on a skilled worker visa and started living here from March 2021. I have received a penalty charge notice (PCN) last week (April 2021) for a traffic offence (Entering a lane by mistake which was restricted for cars and bikes at that time). I got this PCN by post from the Ealing Council, and immediately paid it online. There was no points charged to my license, also I don't have a UK license yet and I am driving with my foreign license. I will apply for my visa extension after 3 years (March 2024) and ILR after 5 years (March 2026). Will this PCN create a problem? Do I need to declare it on the application? I am very worried, because I really want to settle in the UK, and after getting this PCN I am not able to sleep properly thinking that my visa and ILR will be refused and I will be sent back home.

Please let me know if there is anyone else with a PCN and still got ILR and visa extension? Also, do I need to declare it on the visa or ILR form? Any information will be very useful.

Thanks in advance,
A worried immigrant

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Got a PCN (traffic offence) and worried about Visa/ILR refusal

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 11, 2021 1:58 pm

This will not affect your visa extensions/ILR or even Naturalisation as a British Citizen. No need to declare PCN in your case. Have a good sleep.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.