ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

robinnirola
Newly Registered
India

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Post by robinnirola » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:21 pm

HI there,

My ILR is due on next Month on basis of Tier 2 General. I found below ques :

My visa stamp date is 06-03-2015

Do I need to mention all my travel history(inlcuding holidays) in this section before 2015 also? I have lived and worked in Sweden(Stockholm) in 2012 , 2014 .
Plus I have visited UK in 2011 on business for a two months and visited US in 2012 on business visa for 2 weeks.

Kindly guide. Thanks in Advance

Thanks
Rohan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:23 pm

This is for countries you LIVED.

VISITING a country is not LIVED, there is a distinct difference.

This is also a separate questions to your travel history.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

robinnirola
Newly Registered
India

Re: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Post by robinnirola » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:10 pm

Ok thanks for Reply.

1) Do I need to mention about Sweden where I lived for around a year for a work before 2015 (before entered in UK) ?

2) They asked a travel history only after entered the UK ( absences after entered the Uk)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:13 pm

1. Yes, as you lived there, ie work and home.

2. Yes as absences are only relevant to the time you have been in the UK and only for the 5 years preceding the date of application for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.