ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Required: To be made redundant on end of May, but eligible for ILR on 13-June-2018

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vijaybabusdu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Help Required: To be made redundant on end of May, but eligible for ILR on 13-June-2018

Post by vijaybabusdu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi,

My company is planning to make me redundant by end of May, but i am eligible for Ilr on 13-Jun-2018, just three weeks from the date of making me a redundant.

I am currently going head with the ILR processing, as there is sometime to make a decision on redundancy.

Could anybody tell me what if i made redundant by the end of May and i apply for ILR on 13-June-2018, am i eligible to apply.

And i first came to UK on 11-07-2013 and continued to live here.

Thanks in Advance

Br
Vijay

secret.simon

Re: Help Required: To be made redundant on end of May, but eligible for ILR on 13-June-2018

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:46 pm

What is the basis of your ILR application? Tier 2 (if so, which sub-category)? Tier 1 (if so, which sub-category)? Long Residence?
Do you have any dependents (wife/children) in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vijaybabusdu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Help Required: To be made redundant on end of May, but eligible for ILR on 13-June-2018

Post by vijaybabusdu » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply, i am in Tier 2 (General visa), my wife is with me in the UK for the entire period.
Thanks.

Br
Vijay

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 pm

In that case you are not eligible for ILR under Tier 2 as your employer needs to give you a letter that they need you for the foreseeable future. When will you current visa expire ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:38 pm

I believe (I am not certain, so wait for others to advise further) that one of the requirements for Tier 2 applicants for ILR is a letter from your employer stating that your services are required for the foreseeable future. Such a letter is unlikely if you have been made redundant.

EDIT: Overtaken by zimba88's response.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:33 am

vijaybabusdu wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:08 pm
Hi,

My company is planning to make me redundant by end of May, but i am eligible for Ilr on 13-Jun-2018, just three weeks from the date of making me a redundant.

I am currently going head with the ILR processing, as there is sometime to make a decision on redundancy.

Could anybody tell me what if i made redundant by the end of May and i apply for ILR on 13-June-2018, am i eligible to apply.

And i first came to UK on 11-07-2013 and continued to live here.

Thanks in Advance

Br
Vijay
Unfortunately, if you are made redundant, it is not likely you get an employer's letter and you cannot make an ILR application.

Echoes

Post by Echoes » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:00 am

I think the best course of action would be to actively start looking for another sponsor now. You’re going to lose your job anyway, why wait for that to happen?

vijaybabusdu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vijaybabusdu » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:29 am

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies, i am trying to switch to other location of my company with in UK.
Hope i could be successful in it.

Thanks.

Br
Vijay

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:38 am

vijaybabusdu wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:29 am
Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies, i am trying to switch to other location of my company with in UK.
Hope i could be successful in it.

Thanks.

Br
Vijay
Make sure that whatever job you are being offered in another location is within the same SOC code of your present job. For example, a software developer have different soc code from a web developer.