ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how do i apply for indefinite leave to remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunning27
Newly Registered

how do i apply for indefinite leave to remain

Post by sunning27 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:36 am

Hi, I tried to look at home office website but could never find out which form I should use to apply for ILR.

I was granted with my children refugee status for 5 years till April 2011. The forms I saw online does not have my category. Can anyone tell me which particular form I should use? It is said that I can only apply 28 days before the expiry date of my status, is that right?

If we are granted ILR, can I apply for british passport for my children ( under 10 ) straight away or do they have to wait for one year like adults?

Thanks!

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: how do i apply for indefinite leave to remain

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:11 am

sunning27 wrote:Hi, I tried to look at home office website but could never find out which form I should use to apply for ILR.

I was granted with my children refugee status for 5 years till April 2011. The forms I saw online does not have my category. Can anyone tell me which particular form I should use? It is said that I can only apply 28 days before the expiry date of my status, is that right?

If we are granted ILR, can I apply for british passport for my children ( under 10 ) straight away or do they have to wait for one year like adults?

Thanks!
I do not know a great deal about various grants for asylum seekers, but I am kind of struggling to understand when you say you were granted refugee status for 5 years. Can you please look at your paperwork and confirm again what kind of leave you were granted. Discretionary leave, Humanitarian Protection or something else.

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:21 am

it is called limited leave to remain for 5 years, that is why I can't find any form applies to me.id the form they have is either discretionary leave for 4 years or humanitarian for 4 yrs and there is year restriction . I got mine in 2006 expires in 2011.
Can anyone give me any idea here?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:40 pm

I am still puzzled. I guess you got this leave on an ISD, which is a A4 Size paper and a visa sticker attached to it. If you look at that document, there will be a number mentioned at the bottom of one of the boxes. That number could be like ASL2150, ASL2151, ASL2152 or ASL2373. Can you confirm what number is mentioned?

Also if you look at the bottom of the covering letter that came with the leave, there will be a number like ASL3224, ACD2155, ACD2374 or ASL2182, Can you please confirm what number is mentioned?

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:52 pm

It is called ACD.2151 at the bottom of the A4 paper with a sticker states residence permit limited leave to remain in the uk.

The decision letter from Home Office has ASL. 2167. at bottom, the second page is ASL. 0725.

Can you help with the above information.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Right, the numbers you have quoted are issued to people who have been granted refugee status. I just wonder why your sticker says Limited leave to remain. I think it will be good if you go to a good advisor and show them the copies of documents you have. I am not very sure, but there is a possibility that the sticker given to you might be wrong.
The document asl 2167 should tell you that kind of leave you have been granted. Please read that letter, and the other paper that came with it, and see if it gives you any clue about the status you were granted.

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:39 pm

I don't think it is wrong. Refugee used to be granted indefinite leave to remain and then they changed it to limited leave to remain for 5 years since August 2004. When I called HO, I was told that the first batch is not due to apply for ILR and maybe we have to wait and see the new forms. Maybe that is why I can't see any forms applicable to me at the moment.

But please let me know if you have any information as I would not like to spend money on solicitors to do this for me. I know how much I have spent on solicitors and I know how much I have done for the solicitors for my own case while they just sit there and collect the money.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:50 am

Ah, actually never gave a thought about your leave expiring in April 2011. You are looking for the forms 10 months earlier before the due date. I wonder why?
And if you had a clear understanding about this, then why have you been wasting your and my time, lol. :o

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:08 pm

I don't think I am wasting ur time. If so, apologies. I thought there are a lot of experts here who might know sth I don't know.
Don't worry, I can call HO directly instead of wasting ur precious time since u too know nothing about it!

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Actually, I think you have fully answered your query yourself. You are not due for ILR for next 10 months. UKBA will make forms available on their website nearer the time. If they havent made the forms available online then there is no point rigning them as the operator will give you the standard reply.

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:46 pm

thanks. I will call them in august as this will be the first batch issued with such status.

But if you hear anything, can u let me know as well? Thanks.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Yes sure. If the first batch will be eligible in August, then the form might be available when they next update all the application forms. Your form should be available by next month. As soon as I find out that the form has come out, I will message you.

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks so much for you help. I am just wondering whether you are a solicitor or similar profession?

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:11 pm

I think I shall keep my profession secret. :D

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi,
UKBA has now published information about applying for Indefinite leave to remain for people who got limited leave to remain as refugees from august 2005 onwards. Please read and download the form this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settl ... ion_route/

regards

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi,

YOu are such a genius, Thanks so much. I will look at the form and see how I could prepare the application. If I have any question, hope you don't mind me bothering you again next time.

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:56 pm

HI,

I am just wondering if you could help me out here. I was granted refugee status with two of my children. My husband joined us later as spouse and he was given 5 years vis to join me.

In the settlement application, is he counted as dependent? I thought dependent are children. But he has permission to work and he is not financially dependent on me, the only restriction is he cannot claim benefit. So, I don't know where to fit him in the form. Or do we three applied for ILR first and then he can apply later as ours expires in April 11 and his expires in Aug 11

Do I need to attach additional documents like letter from my employer, my husband's as well, or letter from my children school, which I feel could help my application to show we are settled here and contributed to the society here.

Sorry, I am just a bit anxious. I have waited for so long time, just want everything to go all right.