ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to prove my initial hsmp app was before 03/04/2006

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

derekldn
Newly Registered

how to prove my initial hsmp app was before 03/04/2006

Post by derekldn » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 am

The approval was after 3 April 2006. I doubt I have received or kept the acknowledgement letter for my initial hsmp application. I don't have old bank statement either. I once sent an email asking for status of my application, and they replied. That's earlier than 3 April 2006. I can print that email conversation. Just wondering whether it's enough or there is a better way to prove that I can apply ILR under hsmp judicial review policy.

bani

Post by bani » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:01 pm

get a SAR. there is a sticky thread on how to do this.

you can ask for your initial hsmp application form -- the copy will have the date stamped. also ask for your caseworker notes as these will be dated too, and it will be interesting to read.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Why do you think you'll need to prove it? Just because your approval letter is dated post 03-Apr-06?

UKBA has your records on their system, and knows! So nothing to worry!

IMHO ...

regards

bani

Post by bani » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Too many examples of mistakes by caseworkers on the HSMP JR. I'd rather spend £10 on SAR than get a delayed or rejected ILR.

derekldn
Newly Registered

Post by derekldn » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:24 am

I'm going to apply ILR using the premium service. It's good to play safe.

trachu
Newly Registered

hi

Post by trachu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi Derekldn,

I have a similar situation like you. Can you tell me where did you mail to find out the date intial of application ?

Many thanks

derekldn
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by derekldn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:34 pm

trachu wrote:Hi Derekldn,

I have a similar situation like you. Can you tell me where did you mail to find out the date intial of application ?

Many thanks
I once emailed home office regarding the status of my hsmp application back to March 2006. I found that email in my gmail. Thanks Google. I'm not sure if you can phone home office to find out the date or not.