ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I will end up spending more than 180 days due to COVID outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

inboxdarpan1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

I will end up spending more than 180 days due to COVID outside UK

Post by inboxdarpan1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 pm

So,
India got on the UK's 'red list' on 23rd April, 21. Which means I will have to hotel quarantine (and pay 1750 for that, I am running a startup and can't afford to spend that kind of money there). I have a tier 1 Global talent visa.
I came to India on 23rd December, 2020. WHich means I have already spent 3months 20 days here. And I think this red list ban won't be lifted in coming two months, so I will end up spending more than 180 days out side India.

Question is: I needed 3 years to be eligible for ILR in total, and that time started in Feb,2020. Now that I spent 180+ days outside UK, how those 3 years will be calculated? will this absence will be pardoned as it is an exceptional circumstance (a pandemic?). Really stressed about this.

zimba
Mood:

Re: I will end up spending more than 180 days due to COVID outside UK

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:08 pm

Concessions exist under the rules but it is up to UKVI to determine if it is appropriate to exercise them or not in your case

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice