ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 year route (LR) - FPN declaration

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ogogzy

ILR 10 year route (LR) - FPN declaration

Post by ogogzy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:32 am

Hello all,
I was stopped by police in October 2017 for no insurance while driving. I was unaware that my insurance company wasn't able to draw money from my account and did not get any letter to say they will cancel my insurance. Anyway I accepted the offence and 6 points was deducted from my license and also paid a fine of £300. Case was closed. I am now eligible to apply for ILR as I came into the country in September 2009 and I haven't had any problems renewing my leave to remain on student, PSW and entrepreneur visas.

Respectable members, please advise what I need to declare in the application forms as per the driving offence.

Thank you all.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR 10 year route (LR) - FPN declaration

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:37 pm

If you bothered to search the forum, you see FPNs have no effect on ILR. This is being asked like every week here
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ogogzy

Post by ogogzy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:20 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:37 pm
If you bothered to search the forum, you see FPNs have no effect on ILR. This is being asked like every week here
I did...but not expressly clear if I need to declare it in the form where it says have I had any disqualification due to speeding or no insurance? Noting that I wasn't banned from driving ,just 6 points and fine... what do i need to write in the online form? Sorry If i am being a pain. Thanks Zimba

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:25 pm

Only convictions have to be declared. An FPN is not a conviction
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ogogzy

Post by ogogzy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:52 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:25 pm
Only convictions have to be declared. An FPN is not a conviction
I believe what you say. I have request ACRO file and it came back with nothing found on my file in PNC. I shall now fill in "no convictions" in my ILR application. Will it affect British citizenship? Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:47 pm

No it does not