ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 YEARS LONG RESIDENCY AS A STUDENT DEPENDENT CONFUSION

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faismala
Newly Registered

ILR 10 YEARS LONG RESIDENCY AS A STUDENT DEPENDENT CONFUSION

Post by faismala » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:28 am

HI !I WILL BE COMPLETING MY TEN YEARS LEGAL STAY END OF THIS MONTH .MY VISA EXPIRES ON 30 APR ,2010.I HAVE CHECKED MY SAR FILE WHICH SHOWS 5 DAYS GAP IN 2004 LATE APPLICATION BECAUSE OF THE POSTAL STRIKE SO IN ORDER TO SECURE MY PASSPORT I APPLIED 5 DAYS LATE WHEN STRIKE ENDED.NOW ,I WANT TO ASK UR VALUABLE OPINION HOW SHOULD I APPLY FOR MY WIFE SEPERATELY, AS HER VISA EXPIRES ON 30 APRIL 2010 AS WELL.(SHE DONT WANT TO GO BACKHOME).

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:13 pm

As far as I understand, she has to go backhome or may be change to some other visa type if she is allowed.

foxy

Post by foxy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 am

She could leave by 30 April and re-enter as a tourist while you wait for your ILR and then apply again once you receive it.