ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M for spouse after I got ILR LR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arnomarga
Mood:

Post by arnomarga » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:22 am

Hi Guys,

If someone could help me with the following queries?

I am on T1 HS Entrepreneur and completed my 10 years this month and want to apply for ILR on the bases of 10 years.

My wife is here since last 6 years as a dependent so I assume I can apply for her ILR as well at the same time with my application and what form do I have to select?

Regarding my 2 children both were born here in United Kingdom so do I have to apply for their ILR or once I will receive my ILR then I will have to apply their British Passport?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:43 am

My wife is here since last 6 years as a dependent so I assume I can apply for her ILR as well at the same time with my application and what form do I have to select?
No she cannot apply for ILR with you. Long residence ILR doesn't permit dependents to apply for ILR with you. She also cannot continue and get ILR based on PBS Dependent visa. She has to switch to FLR(M) once you get ILR and meet the English and Financial requirement. Her clock for ILR based on 5 years will reset to zero.
Regarding my 2 children both were born here in United Kingdom so do I have to apply for their ILR or once I will receive my ILR then I will have to apply their British Passport?
They do NOT require ILR. They cannot apply directly for a passport as they are not British Citizens. You have to register them as British first on form MN1, costs £1012 each. Once they are approved and you receive the certificate of registration, only then can you apply for their British passports.

Please ask your British citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum as these questions are not relevant in the Tier 1 Ent sub forum.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

arnomarga
Mood:

Post by arnomarga » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:56 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:43 am
No she cannot apply for ILR with you. Long residence ILR doesn't permit dependents to apply for ILR with you. She also cannot continue and get ILR based on PBS Dependent visa. She has to switch to FLR(M) once you get ILR and meet the English and Financial requirement. Her clock for ILR based on 5 years will reset to zero.
They do NOT require ILR. They cannot apply directly for a passport as they are not British Citizens. You have to register them as British first on form MN1, costs £1012 each. Once they are approved and you receive the certificate of registration, only then can you apply for their British passports.

Please ask your British citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum as these questions are not relevant in the Tier 1 Ent sub forum.

british-citizenship/
Thank you so much CR001

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:30 am

arnomarga wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:53 am
CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:43 am

british-citizenship/

Hi Guys!

I just got my ILR last week thanks to Allah Almighty!!

I got a question regarding my wife FLR(M) application, she got dependant visa which is valid until May this year and then we will have to apply for his FLR(M) as previously advised by CR001. I was reading the guidelines that we will have to fulfil the £18600 financial requirements.

My question is that I am a company director so I will have to show my personal accounts, but its a bit confusing as for how many years? do we have to submit last year accounts or last 2 years accounts for my wife visa?

My wife is also working as a self employed since over an year so if we will have to show her accounts is it possible that we can only submit last year accounts for her visa?

If CR001 or any senior member member will clarify this for me.

I would appreciate your help.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:32 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

arnomarga
Mood:

Re: FLR M for spouse after I got ILR LR

Post by arnomarga » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:21 pm

Amber wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:32 am
See Page 58 of Appendix FM 1.7 (click).
Thanks Amber for providing the link.

I have a question if someone could kindly answer!

I am a company director and my last year personal income was £11600(self-employed) and my wife(self-employed) running her own beauty parlour as a sole trader and made roughly £13000.

Can we combine mine £11600 and her £13000 to fulfil the financial requirements?

Thanks in advance!

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:41 am

arnomarga wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:21 pm
Yes, provided both incomes fall within the same financial year, which for self-employment they generally should. From the same link as above:

"9.3.7. Where a couple are using their joint income to meet the financial requirement, all of this income must fall within the financial year(s) being relied on and must still be a source of income at the time of application. For example, if the applicant is in the UK with permission to work, to combine their salaried employment income with their partner’s self-employment income, they must provide evidence of the income received from this salaried employment during their self-employed partner’s relevant financial year(s) and evidence of ongoing employment at the date of application."
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

arnomarga
Mood:

Post by arnomarga » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:29 am

geoeng wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:41 am
arnomarga wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:21 pm
Yes, provided both incomes fall within the same financial year, which for self-employment they generally should. From the same link as above:

"9.3.7. Where a couple are using their joint income to meet the financial requirement, all of this income must fall within the financial year(s) being relied on and must still be a source of income at the time of application. For example, if the applicant is in the UK with permission to work, to combine their salaried employment income with their partner’s self-employment income, they must provide evidence of the income received from this salaried employment during their self-employed partner’s relevant financial year(s) and evidence of ongoing employment at the date of application."
thank you so much for your input.

arnomarga
Mood:

Post by arnomarga » Sun May 03, 2020 2:10 pm

Hi Guys!!

My wife visa is going to expire by the end of this month and I am going to apply for her FLR(M) visa extension.

My wife has done CEFR Level B1 from Trinity College London.

Do you think we would be ok as its higher than A1?

Please advise. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:13 pm

B1 is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.