ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-10 Years rule and Dependants queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ash210

ILR-10 Years rule and Dependants queries

Post by ash210 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Hello Everyone,
This forum has always been helpful to me and to others and expecting the same I am posting another query and I will be thankful to anyone/everyone who can help me with this
I am eligible to apply for my ILR in Jan 2011, and I am presently on a Tier-1 General which is valid until Jan 2013

My dependants are in India and I would like to apply for their visa’s ( one wife and three kids), I have been reading the guidance but its still confusing as to what the maintenance requirements are, can someone please tell me how much I need to show? And what documents I should send to India for supporting their application.

One more thing, can someone tell me about the economic activity I need to show for my ILR, and if someone has got any sample letters or templates for my ILR application that would be very kind if they can send me.

Many Thanks in Advance

vinny

Re: ILR-10 Years rule and Dependants queries

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:39 am

ash210 wrote:I am eligible to apply for my ILR in Jan 2011, and I am presently on a Tier-1 General which is valid until Jan 2013

My dependants are in India and I would like to apply for their visa’s ( one wife and three kids), I have been reading the guidance but its still confusing as to what the maintenance requirements are, can someone please tell me how much I need to show? And what documents I should send to India for supporting their application.
When will they be applying, before or after your grant of ILR?

If before, then see also Can my dependants join me in the UK? Subsequently, they will have to switch to FLR(M).

Else, see also Settlement - visa application guide and Maintenance and accommodation requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks Vinny for your reply
I am planning to apply for tier 1 dependents for them and will it be a problem if they apply during the processing of my ILR application?
One more thing- for maintainance funds, if the main applicant has been in uk for less than 12 months its £1600 and if its more than that £533 but does that include all the leave to remains in uk or just the current one
i mean to say for example if my tier 1 is issued within one year but i have been living here since last 4 years on work permit do i still have to show £1600?
Kind Regards