ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absence Letter for Maternity Leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lpalayil
Newly Registered
India

ILR Absence Letter for Maternity Leave

Post by lpalayil » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Hello,

I am on Tier 2 General visa( Main applicant). The visa start date was 20 Jan 2015. I will be applying for ILR in Jan 2020. During these 5 years I worked with 2 companies. Company-A was the first company that sponsored me starting from Jan 2015 and I worked with them until Dec 2017. From Jan 2018, I changed the sponsors to Company-B and still continuing to work for them. My husband and my son are on dependent visas. My questions are around the Absence letter that I need to provide from the Companies A and B for my ILR application.

1. Should the letter specify all the holidays I took in which I had been outside the UK or should it mention only the ones where I had been outside UK for more than 30 days?

2. While I was working for Company-A ( Jan 2015-Dec 2017), I took Maternity leave of 9 months( Sept 2016-May 2017 - It also included 1 month of my annual paid leave). During these 9 months Maternity leave I went to my home country and stayed there for 4 months (approx 120 days). Do I need a letter from Company-A stating that I was on maternity leave from Sept 2016- May 2017 ? Should the letter also specify my dates of travel outside UK during these period ?

3. Except for the above Maternity leave and the 4 months stay outside UK during the maternity, I have not been outside UK for more than 30 days in 5 years. I have been outside UK during bank holidays and some annual leaves but none of the stays was for more than a week. Should the letter from the companies specify all such short travels?

Many Thanks,
L