ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after DLR success story

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cobraxs
Newly Registered

ILR after DLR success story

Post by cobraxs » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:04 pm

hi this is my first informative post for every one who wants to apply for there ILR.

First of all i like to thanks every single member of this community who help me in my success i have wasted a lot of money on solicitors and realised most of them know nothing what they are doing and i was amazed that this community is well updated and know more than the solicitors who always give me the right advice since 2015 so far i have been a silent reader mostly but i felt i should contribute to this community from my own experience and story as well which might help other peoples in future.

i got married. my wife had a asylum visa on 5 year route to settlement.
i went to solicitor who applied on my behalf for FLR(M) application which was refused because my wife was not British but was granted DLR instead in xx/02/2012 for 3 years.

i apply for extension in xx/01/2012 and was granted visa for 6 months until December 2015

in december 2015 my lawyer said to me i am due to apply for my settlement i argue with him after consulting every one on this website that i need to wait 6 years but he said he is the lawyer and he knows what he is doing so he applied for my ilr in december 2015 along with my wife. my wife got her ilr but i got mine refused and was granted another 3 years dlr in may 2015 stating i need to wait 6 years before eligible for ILR. exactly what every one on this website said to me.

so i decided to rely totally on this website and gov.uk and apply my ilr on my own. after consulting every one on this website i apply for my ilr in feb2018 after 6 years of dlr via premium service and i was granted ILR after waiting for whole day :D :D :D

long story short here is the breakdown for my ILR after 3 DLR's
Feb2012-Feb2015 flrm refused DLR granted 3 years
may2015-december2015 flro accepted dlr extended 6 months
may2016-may2019 ilr refused DLR granted 3 years
feb2018 ILR applied ILR granted after 6 years of DLR feb2012-feb2018

I hope it will help some one as this website as it help me alot in my success and this effort is to return the favour. again i like to thank every one alot. my prayers and best wishes are for every one.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: ILR after DLR success story

Post by CMOSUK » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:44 pm

cobraxs wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:04 pm
hi this is my first informative post for every one who wants to apply for there ILR.

First of all i like to thanks every single member of this community who help me in my success i have wasted a lot of money on solicitors and realised most of them know nothing what they are doing and i was amazed that this community is well updated and know more than the solicitors who always give me the right advice since 2015 so far i have been a silent reader mostly but i felt i should contribute to this community from my own experience and story as well which might help other peoples in future.

i got married. my wife had a asylum visa on 5 year route to settlement.
i went to solicitor who applied on my behalf for FLR(M) application which was refused because my wife was not British but was granted DLR instead in xx/02/2012 for 3 years.

i apply for extension in xx/01/2012 and was granted visa for 6 months until December 2015

in december 2015 my lawyer said to me i am due to apply for my settlement i argue with him after consulting every one on this website that i need to wait 6 years but he said he is the lawyer and he knows what he is doing so he applied for my ilr in december 2015 along with my wife. my wife got her ilr but i got mine refused and was granted another 3 years dlr in may 2015 stating i need to wait 6 years before eligible for ILR. exactly what every one on this website said to me.

so i decided to rely totally on this website and gov.uk and apply my ilr on my own. after consulting every one on this website i apply for my ilr in feb2018 after 6 years of dlr via premium service and i was granted ILR after waiting for whole day :D :D :D

long story short here is the breakdown for my ILR after 3 DLR's
Feb2012-Feb2015 flrm refused DLR granted 3 years
may2015-december2015 flro accepted dlr extended 6 months
may2016-may2019 ilr refused DLR granted 3 years
feb2018 ILR applied ILR granted after 6 years of DLR feb2012-feb2018

I hope it will help some one as this website as it help me alot in my success and this effort is to return the favour. again i like to thank every one alot. my prayers and best wishes are for every one.
So glad it worked out for you!!

May I ask what documents where used as part of the application?
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

cobraxs
Newly Registered

Post by cobraxs » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:12 pm

hi i used
6 months bank statement for both me and my partner
6 month payslips for both of us and employement letter confirming employement
set o form
life in uk letter
english language certificate b1
marriage certificate
me and my wife passport
payment reciept for peo
current house contract

on the day my case worker called me and asked me proof of living together since my last grant of leave i had only bank statements but she said she dont want it she can only accept bank statements if its a joint bank account. she asked for house bills on our names or council tax bills but unfortunately i never paid my bills my brother paid them so i didnt had them. luckily i had my previous contract for the house on our name so she took that. she took my file and took old papers what she thought would be helpful because i took some extra paperwork which i didnt submit along with my application. she also took both of our driving license and in the end she grant the ilr so i recommencement to take the proof of living together especially bills and joint bank statements and house contract as they dont accept single bank statements. cheers

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:18 pm

cobraxs wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:12 pm
hi i used
6 months bank statement for both me and my partner
6 month payslips for both of us and employement letter confirming employement
set o form
life in uk letter
english language certificate b1
marriage certificate
me and my wife passport
payment reciept for peo
current house contract

on the day my case worker called me and asked me proof of living together since my last grant of leave i had only bank statements but she said she dont want it she can only accept bank statements if its a joint bank account. she asked for house bills on our names or council tax bills but unfortunately i never paid my bills my brother paid them so i didnt had them. luckily i had my previous contract for the house on our name so she took that. she took my file and took old papers what she thought would be helpful because i took some extra paperwork which i didnt submit along with my application. she also took both of our driving license and in the end she grant the ilr so i recommencement to take the proof of living together especially bills and joint bank statements and house contract as they dont accept single bank statements. cheers
Thank you for your reply. Again congratulations in attaining ILR.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

cobraxs
Newly Registered

Post by cobraxs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:38 pm

your welcome