ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and dependent visa extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lazyyy
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR and dependent visa extension

Post by lazyyy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:17 am

Dear Team,
I have a query for which I would need your expert suggestions, which is as follows:

I am eligible to apply for ILR on 22/08/2021 (first day visa was granted + 5 years - 28 days). I also need to extend my dependents' Tier 2 visa, which expires on 28/09/2021.

I was wondering if I would have enough time to obtain my ILR outcome using super priority before applying for my dependents' visa extension? The reason I want to do this is because I can then mention my ILR status in their application.

I know that the date of the application is the date when I submit the form and pay the fee. So for example, is it possible that I submit my ILR application on 22/08/2021, get the biometric appointment as early as possible, obtain my ILR outcome and then submit my dependents' Tier 2 visa extension before its expiry on 28/09/2021?

Is it necessary that I need to schedule my biometric appointment only when my 5 years are complete i.e. after 19/09/2021? That would leave me with only 9 days within which I need to get my ILR outcome and apply for my dependents' Tier 2 visa extension, which I feel is not enough.

Thanks a lot for your help, as always.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR and dependent visa extension

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:00 am

You do not need to get ILR before applying for your dependants. UKVI will hold their application until your ILR is approved. Apply for them in parallel. Tier 2 does not exist anymore so they must extend under Skilled Worker Dependant visa. You can book your appointment within 28 days of completing your 5 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lazyyy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by lazyyy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi Zimba,
Thanks for your reply. Just one point of clarification. When you said:
You can book your appointment within 28 days of completing your 5 years
Does it mean that I should book my biometric appointment ONLY AFTER I complete my 5 years i.e. after 19/09/2021?

Your expert suggestions are highly appreciated.
Thanks again.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:54 am

NOT really. Within 28 days of completing your 5 years. :?
Zimba wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:00 am
You do not need to get ILR before applying for your dependants. UKVI will hold their application until your ILR is approved. Apply for them in parallel. Tier 2 does not exist anymore so they must extend under Skilled Worker Dependant visa. You can book your appointment within 28 days of completing your 5 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

lazyyy
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by lazyyy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:58 pm

Hi Zimba,
Thanks a lot for your reply and expert opinion.