Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and leaving sponsor

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba88, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, sbrennan

mhib
New Zealand

ILR and leaving sponsor

Post by mhib » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:32 pm

Hi,

I am currently on tier 2 (general) visa and looking to move to apply for ILR early next year. I was just reading the requirements and one of them was that my tier 2 sponsor should state in the application that I will still be needed in my role. My questions are below:

- How long does it take normally to process an ILR application?
- Will I be able to leave my tier 2 sponsor (and leave UK or change employer) while the application is being assessed?
- Will I be able to travel in and out of the UK while the application is being assessed?
- Do I have any obligations to stay with my sponsor after the application is approved and the ILR is granted?

Thanks alot

zimba88
Mood:
Great Britain

Re: ILR and leaving sponsor

Post by zimba88 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:34 pm

- How long does it take normally to process an ILR application?
Premium appointment is same day. Postal application takes few months
- Will I be able to leave my tier 2 sponsor (and leave UK or change employer) while the application is being assessed?
No, you must be working for the sponsor
- Will I be able to travel in and out of the UK while the application is being assessed?
No, your application will become invalid
- Do I have any obligations to stay with my sponsor after the application is approved and the ILR is granted?
No, you are free to leave the sponsor after ILR
Advice given based on personal experience and research. I do NOT respond to queries via private messages.

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. One quick question, so If i took the Premium option I should get my reply on the same day (if all documents are OK?). Also any idea what the cost for premium is (I saw £610 per person online?).

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Total per applicant for ILR in person is £2,999 PER PERSON. There is also no guarantee that you will get a same day decision.

You do not get your ILR BRP card on the day though. This is sent to you by DX Courier and can take up to 10 days, sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:24 pm

thanks alot :-) very useful