ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application 5-year route via Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RPS1210
Newly Registered
Philippines

ILR Application 5-year route via Tier 2

Post by RPS1210 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:39 pm

Hello,

I am currently filling out my online ILR application (SET O). Just some things I want advise on please. I have read in so many websites regarding the proof of continuous residence in the UK as supporting documentation i.e. tenancy agreements, utility bills, P60s, 3 months payslip, bank accounts and the like.

However, as I am checking the documents specified on my partially completed application, only the below documents have been stated and they are as follows:

Mandatory: Passport
Other documents: 1) letter from employers detailing absences
2) evidence of immigration status
3) declaration to confirm consent for verification checks
4) most recent payslip and bank statement dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of application. Statement must show payment, as shown on payslip. You should not provide any additional payslips or statements unless you are currently on maternity/paternity/adoption leave
5) document from sponsor confirming that you are still required for the employment for the foreseeable future
6) current biometric residence permit
7) all previous passports used to travel to or remain in the UK.

I am unsure if I have missed something that it is not requiring me to submit any proof of continuous residence.

I am also asking as there is a question under consent that says: “is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people.” All our utility bills are under my name and my husband’s so in case I need to submit proof of continuous residence then I will need to choose yes for this and submit his signed consent for verification checks.

I hope you could advise please.

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Application 5-year route via Tier 2

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:27 am

RPS1210 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:39 pm
I am unsure if I have missed something that it is not requiring me to submit any proof of continuous residence.
Cohabitation documents only is required for dependants. You simply need to submit the scan of your passports in the last 5 years
I am also asking as there is a question under consent that says: “is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people.” All our utility bills are under my name and my husband’s so in case I need to submit proof of continuous residence then I will need to choose yes for this and submit his signed consent for verification checks.
Main Tier 2 applicants do not need to submit cohabitation documents
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RPS1210
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: ILR Application 5-year route via Tier 2

Post by RPS1210 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:46 am

Thank you so much! That puts my mind at ease.