ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application details-Please Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IJOS

ILR Application details-Please Help

Post by IJOS » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:48 am

Hello all.

Please I have a few questions and would appreciate your help with this. I am coming up to my ILR and am filling out the SET O online form and need some clarification. I am applying under Tier 2 Gen

My first visa was issue 19-Sep-2013 valid to 15 Aug 2015 and then was renewed a month early at 13th July 2015 valid till 19 Sep 2019. Do I qualify for 5 years at 19 Sep 2018 seeing as its 5 years from when I got my Tier 2 never minding the months difference or am I just being thick now

Is 28 days early from 19th September, 23rd August? So can I apply any day from and including 23rd August? Just an aside.since I am using the online application, they day I click submit i snot my actual submission day right? Because I plan to submit sometime this weekend.

Has any one applied with the online and booked a PSC appointment. I don't want to make any mistakes. Its a lot of money .

I also take it that the absences they ask are absences in between my qualifying period even though I have been in the country on student and post study visa before I got my Tier 2.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and respond. I may have other questions come up . Please be patient with me

Cheers

IJOS

Re: ILR Application details-Please Help

Post by IJOS » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Anyone help please? Thanks

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Anybody please? At least the first question. Thanks

Echoes

Post by Echoes » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:24 am

You can apply from 23 August onwards. I would make it 24 just to be on the safe side.

Your application date depends whether you're going to apply in person or through postal route. You should not submit your application yet if you're going to use the postal route.

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you very much Echoes for the response.
I plan to use a PSC appointment. Cannot afford to have my passport away for months on end.
One more question if you dont mind, I have just proceeded with the application and I selected my degree certificate as my proof of English however it states that I will provide my degree certificate with my application name. However my application name is my married name as I was single in school. Is this a problem or do I just take my marriage certificate with me?

Cheers

Echoes

Post by Echoes » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:48 am

That's fine.

Best take your Marriage Certificate with you when you attend the PSC to prove you're the person named on your degree.

If you haven't already done so, please visit the following link to make sure your degree satisfies the requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:14 am

Thank you Echoes.

My degree was from a UK University so I believe it meets their requirement.

Appreciate