ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - first entered UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

charithf
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

ILR application - first entered UK

Post by charithf » Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm

There is a question on the ILR application as follows:

When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

I entered UK in September 2009 as a student, but I am applying for ILR based on 5 years completed on a Tier 2 General visa. Therefore should I state September 2009 or back date 5 years from the current date?

The follow up question is

Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?

should I state all holidays and absence from UK since 2009? or just for the last 5 years?

Thank you,

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: ILR application - first entered UK

Post by cyclina1 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:30 am

charithf wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm

This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

I entered UK in September 2009 as a student, but I am applying for ILR based on 5 years completed on a Tier 2 General visa. Therefore should I state September 2009 or back date 5 years from the current date?

sept 2009

should I state all holidays and absence from UK since 2009? or just for the last 5 years?

since 2009.

Thank you,
just answer what they asked, no need to think too much.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

charithf
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by charithf » Fri May 18, 2018 3:21 am

I'm sorry, I dont want them to pick on something really simple like this. According to the question it seems like they are asking 5 years from the current date. But then I may have not gone out of the country and come back closer to 5 years before. Or should this date be exactly 5 years back dated from the application date. I am confused.

I am also comfortable putting September 2009 but then i have to put down all the absences for extra 4 more years :)

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Fri May 18, 2018 6:37 am

charithf wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Thank you,
This is the date you are basing your ILR application on. The date you applied/were granted Tier 2 G visa.

evijay
Newly Registered
India

Post by evijay » Sat May 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Thanks for starting this thread and appreciate the responses.

I have same question but my situation is slightly different.

I applied my Visa in India and got General Tier 2 Visa on 11 July 2013, But entered UK on 16th Aug 2013.

If I go by the literal meaning of the clause " Date you first entered UK" , the response should be 16 Aug 2013. But as per the guidance provided in the link below, The clearance date should be considered in qualification period.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0EXT.PDF

Thanks Again

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sat May 19, 2018 10:13 pm

exactly in the same situation here! I came 2009 for MA then I went back in 2010 and applied for PSW in back home and come back with that visa in 2013 after that get the T2 visa in the same year!

I have seen many people have confusion about the same issue! So what would be the date if anyone came and went back and then came again after a long break! Question is Which date shall we put in? As we are applying under T2 so it would be the last came backdate or the initial one...Experts, please clear the issue.