ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application for the Spouse of British Citizen

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

ILR Application for the Spouse of British Citizen

Post by Sreerag » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:55 pm

Hi,
My wife is a British citizen and I have been living in the UK for last 5 years without a break lasting more than 20 days. Now that I am eligible for PR application via 5 year route, we approached a solicitor to file my PR application and he gave us list of documents to submit. He asked for,

"Documents such as a bank statements, utility bills, etc from six different sources jointly/individually address to the sponsor and the applicant since you started to live together (but mostly for the last two years)"

1. Me and my wife were staying at my in law's house till early 2021 when we bought a house and moved. So, we have only our bank statements, P60s and Electricity & Gas bill from that period (my wife's payslip has the address but unfortunately my employer doesn't add that in my payslip) and we have got mortgage statements, council taxes, water bill under both our names and TV licenses under my wife's name, we have even got our driving licenses and NI letter changed to the new address. I was wondering if these docs are enough?

2. We still haven't received our title registration because we bought the ppty during COVID and because it is a new build. So, other than completion letter from my conveyancer and my mortgage statements, I don't have any other proof regarding the accommodation. Will this be enough?

Sorry for a long message, hope some kind hearted person can shed some light on this!

Thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Application for the Spouse of British Citizen

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:21 am

Cohabitation evidence is not specific. Any document can be used. Provide whatever you have
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreerag » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:47 am

Thanks for your reply.

I was mostly concerned about the period in which we have the bills. Most of our bills are for the last 15 months when we moved to our house. Only 4 docs are there from the period when we were living with my in laws.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:34 am

Sreerag wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:47 am
Thanks for your reply.

I was mostly concerned about the period in which we have the bills. Most of our bills are for the last 15 months when we moved to our house. Only 4 docs are there from the period when we were living with my in laws.
Provide what you have. Can obtain letter from in-law to explain your previous accommodation arrangements.

Sreerag
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sreerag » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:38 am

Thanks for your reply. I tried to get my land registration complete so I can submit current accommodation ownership but I was told by the land registry that it will take another 10 weeks. When I checked the land registry for the details of the building, nothing came up because it is a new build. Will this be an issue? I have got mortgage papers...

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:58 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:21 am
Cohabitation evidence is not specific. Any document can be used. Provide whatever you have
???
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice