ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application: Have you been refused visa for any country other than UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mukalal
Newly Registered
India

ILR application: Have you been refused visa for any country other than UK

Post by Mukalal » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:04 pm

Hi all, I am due for ILR this month. In the form, there is question asking if I have been refused visa for any other country? I intend to say yes and mention my US visa refusal in 1997 which I have forgotten since. Problem is I could not locate the passport hence no details and I am not sure what I answered in my student visa application for UK back in 2005. I spent 4 years in student + PSW and left UK in 2010. In 2017, applied for Exceptional talent and granted. As I mentioned earlier, since I remembered the refusal, I will state so in my ILR application but just worried if I could be alleged as deceptive in my previous application if I missed it to mention. Please help.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR application: Have you been refused visa for any country other than UK

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:32 am

Deception is making false claims which enable you to be granted ILR. It does not mean failure to commit to a 'full disclosure'. You may share the details of your refusals on the form but this has no effect whether declared or not
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mukalal
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR application: Have you been refused visa for any country other than UK

Post by Mukalal » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:52 pm

Thanks for the answer.