ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application SET(O) - No Family/Surname

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohkha
Newly Registered
India

ILR Application SET(O) - No Family/Surname

Post by mohkha » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:04 pm

Hi,

I am filling out my Indefinite Leave to Remain application after completing 5 years on Tier 2 General Visa. I have a single Legal name(only Given name and no surname on my passport). Can you please let me know how I can enter my name in the application form as "Family Name" is mandatory in the form.

Should I repeat my Given Name in both the "Given Name(s)" and "Family Name" fields in the application?

Any experienced advice on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

mohkha
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Application SET(O) - No Family/Surname

Post by mohkha » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:57 pm

can someone please advise on my query.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:43 pm

mohkha wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:57 pm
can someone please advise on my query.
For you to have gotten to this stage (ILR), there must have been a way you filled the forms prior to now. All forms regardless of category always ask for Surname and other names as on passport.

I advise that whatever style of form filling that has gotten you this far should be continued.

iitmsaurav
Newly Registered
India

Post by iitmsaurav » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:43 am

Can you please let me know how you proceeded on this earlier. I have the same issue now for work permit.

How did you applied for the first time entering in UK for family name and given name?