ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application under salary cut

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hungryan
Newly Registered

ILR application under salary cut

Post by hungryan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi there

I am planning to apply for ILR on October under 5 years work category (wp+tier2, I am currently on a tier 2). But current company announced today a pay cut to all staffs due to recent announcement of scrapping building school programme by government. But it would be temporary 2 month cut by 50%.

I do understand I need to send p45 and salary slips together with ILR application. Will it affect to the application?

Thanks.

Markie

Re: ILR application under salary cut

Post by Markie » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:01 pm

that will not pose a problem...there is no min salary required when filing for ILR.
hungryan wrote:Hi there

I am planning to apply for ILR on October under 5 years work category (wp+tier2, I am currently on a tier 2). But current company announced today a pay cut to all staffs due to recent announcement of scrapping building school programme by government. But it would be temporary 2 month cut by 50%.

I do understand I need to send p45 and salary slips together with ILR application. Will it affect to the application?

Thanks.

Idea

Post by Idea » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:07 pm

this has been answered so many times....pls use the search function

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi Markie
>>that will not pose a problem...there is no min salary required when filing for ILR.

For HSMP m there is no min salary...where as for wp holder the salary would have already printed in the wp approval letter that the empolyer had agreed to pay at the time of applying for wp...

can you just clarify your point ?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Won't a letter from the employer stating the fact (a temporary cut in employee wages across the table) solve the issue?

regards

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:50 pm

In theory this might not be an issue. As far as your annual salary doesn't fall by more than 30%, it is acceptable. Look for guidance on technical change of employment on UKBA website.

=====