ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR applying date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mm_hash
Newly Registered

ILR (SET M) - English Language Question

Post by mm_hash » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:14 am

Hi
There is a question in the application which I found very unclear - “Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?”
I don't quite understand, does this question refer to the past applications or might be related to the present application too? From what I understand, I believe I should reply “NO” as I have not applied for the indefinite leave before. Did I do the right thing by answering NO to the above question. Or should the answer be ‘YES’ - even if you choose yes or no it doesn’t give you any further space on the form to fill in a reference number or asks for a certificate to be attached, it just simply takes you to the next question in the form.

I am totally confused by this question. Kindly if someone could please guide me as to what is the appropriate response to this question as this is our 1st ILR application, we haven’t applied before...

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR (SET M) - English Language Question

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:57 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mm_hash
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (SET M) - English Language Question

Post by mm_hash » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:22 am

Thank you :)

mm_hash
Newly Registered

ILR applying date

Post by mm_hash » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:12 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm, came to the UK on 17th February 2015 on a Spouse Visa. We’re in the process of applying for an ILR (SET M). From my understanding, I believe I can apply 28 days before the 17th February 2020, so from today i.e. 21st January 2020, I can submit my form online and pay and then book an appointment with ukvcas? We’ve everything ready, we were just waiting for the 28 days mark, so I just wanted to confirm that is ok to proceed now?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR applying date

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:58 am

Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mm_hash
Newly Registered

Re: ILR applying date

Post by mm_hash » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:24 am

Thank you 😊