ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appointment - Caught between two systems

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KapilR
Newly Registered
India

ILR appointment - Caught between two systems

Post by KapilR » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi

I will be eligible for ILR in the month of Dec 2018 (considering 28 days in advance). Thus i was looking to book the appointment in the month of November (45 days in advance). However the in person appointment (Existing system) will be closed from 29 Nov 2018, and for December 2018 we have to use the New system.

I have submitted my online application on 03-Nov-2018 and made the payment for premium service (approx 3000 GBP). On 5th Nov 2018 I have received an email confirming confirmation of my application with a case reference. I have chosen new system to make the premium (in person) appointment, but after registering with new system it is not allowing to book appointment 45 days in advance, it is allowing only 28 days in advance. Thus I kept on waiting for my date of December to be made available. Finally I have booked the premium lounge (London location) for the December appointment and paid another 200 GBP for the same.

On 16-Nov-2018 I ahve received a email for providing my biometric to post office. This is something which I was not expecting. When i conatcted the call center on '0300 123 2241' they are not able to assist and they are not able to guide. The call center has suggested to drop email to pscappointmentrefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Please guide.

Regards
Kap

KapilR
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR appointment - Caught between two systems

Post by KapilR » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi
Anyone else going through same issues ?

Regards
Kap

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:18 pm

If you applied via UKVCAS, call their Premium Support Line on 0900 165 6600
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KapilR
Newly Registered
India

Post by KapilR » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi
After calling both call centres (Sopra & UKVI). I have following conclusions.
1. Ignore the emails sent by the system- stating you will get your ILR in 6 months.
2. I am continuing with my so called premium (Super priority) application in the month of Dec 2018.
3. If you receive physical letter for bio-metric in post office, call the call centre of UKVI and not sopra. (Luckily I have not received any physical letter)

I will keep posted once I attend my appointment.

Regards
Kap

mil10cv
Newly Registered
India

Post by mil10cv » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi

I am in the same situation, but now booked through the new system and my appointment is on the 18th dec. i have also received the bio metric email and my solicitor said just ignore it. i will let you know the outcome

Mil