ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Cohabitation documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lindajulian27
Newly Registered
India

ILR Cohabitation documents

Post by lindajulian27 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Dear Moderators,

I am currently filling in the Set (LR) application form online to apply for ILR. Under documents to be provided, I have been asked to provide proof of relationship with my husband as well as correspondence addressed in both our names, or addressed individually at the same address, to cover the last two years.
My husband joined me in the UK last May as a dependant. So he doesn't have correspondence to cover two years in the UK. Is two years mandatory? I dont understand why I need cohabitation documents in the first place since I am the only one applying for ILR at present. They have also asked for his passport and brp which is quite perplexing.

Could you please clarify what needs to be done regarding the cohabitation documents.

Regards,
Linda

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Cohabitation documents

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:05 pm

lindajulian27 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 pm
Dear Moderators,

I am currently filling in the Set (LR) application form online to apply for ILR. Under documents to be provided, I have been asked to provide proof of relationship with my husband as well as correspondence addressed in both our names, or addressed individually at the same address, to cover the last two years.
My husband joined me in the UK last May as a dependant. So he doesn't have correspondence to cover two years in the UK. Is two years mandatory? I dont understand why I need cohabitation documents in the first place since I am the only one applying for ILR at present. They have also asked for his passport and brp which is quite perplexing.

Could you please clarify what needs to be done regarding the cohabitation documents.

Regards,
Linda
Checklist is not accurate. Cohab docs are not needed for LR.
Read through:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-questions-t285902.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lindajulian27
Newly Registered
India

Post by lindajulian27 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:59 am

Thank you. I thought the checklist was inaccurate as well. But how do I get around it? I will have to tick and confirm that all documents have been uploaded, right? If I am taking the super priority route, the person at sopra steria is also going to double check if all documents in checklist has been submitted. I’m afraid they might consider my application as incomplete if I don’t submit all the checklist documents without actually going through whether they are required or not.

Do you have any advice regarding this.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 am

lindajulian27 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:59 am
Thank you. I thought the checklist was inaccurate as well. But how do I get around it? I will have to tick and confirm that all documents have been uploaded, right? If I am taking the super priority route, the person at sopra steria is also going to double check if all documents in checklist has been submitted. I’m afraid they might consider my application as incomplete if I don’t submit all the checklist documents without actually going through whether they are required or not.

Do you have any advice regarding this.
For sopra appointment only your passport is mandatory. Plus you can add a cover letter and explain the situation and upload with your documents.

Checklist generates on how you have answered your original questions in the form. Make sure you have answered your questions correctly so it is not generating an incorrect checklist. If it is still generating a checklist even after you have answered correctly, just add a cover letter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.