ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kumar84
India

ILR Dependent Query

Post by kumar84 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:32 pm

Dear Members,

I(main applicant) will be eligible for ILR next year.

Below are the details

Employer 1 : Visa Valid From : 18/05/2015 to 14/06/2018. UK Arrival Date 06/06/2015
Employer 2 : Issue Date 29/11/2017, Start Date 02/01/2018 to 15/01/2021

Since we can apply 28 days before the 5th Anniversary I can apply ON or AFTER 20 April 2020. Is this right?

Along with me I also need to apply for my wife ( same arrival and visa issue date as myself) and two children born in India (2018 and 2019)

I plan to apply for ILR for my wife and myself in April 2020 and then apply for 2 children by Nov/Dec 2020.

My wife along with 2 children have been out of UK between 21-Jan-18 and 12-Oct-18 ( for Delivery)
and is currently out of UK starting 04-Jul-19( for delivery). I am planning to bring them here in Feb/March 2020.

I understand since the visa issue data for my wife is before Jan 2018, she would be eligible for ILR along with me. I am concerned on how to prove/provide Cohabitation document of last 2 years as she has been outside the UK most of the time.
For the time she was in UK I can provide NHS letter, Bank Statement as proof.
I can provide Birth Certificate of both my children and my travel to visit them. Will this suffice?

Will it be a problem if I apply for my wife along with me in April 2020 or will I be required for another 2 years to gather the documents, in that case I will have to renew visa's of all 3 + IHS surcharge .

Are you able to guide me?

Also we both need to give LIUK and B1 level exam. Will the B1 level given outside UK be counted?

Sorry my older post is locked and unable to continue their.

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Re: ILR Dependent Query

Post by kumar84 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:30 am

Dear Senior members,

Kindly advice.

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:33 am

Dear Members,
Can you kindly advice?
Thanks,
Kumar

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:51 am

You can apply 28 days before your 5-year completion.

For your wife: NHS letter, Bank Statement, and Birth Certificates are enough as long as they are spread in seperate years.

LIUK and B1 are compulsory. Yes, you can give B1 from the outside UK but it should be from an approved Center. The list can be found here:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... entres.pdf
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

kumar84
India

Upload documents size

Post by kumar84 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:39 am

Dear All,
I am about to start preparing for ILR for myself to apply next year.

Are you able to help in below-
1. What should be the size of documents that needs to be uploaded. I have 3 passports , 2 having UK visa stamped. I will need to upload all the pages of all 3 passports so ideally 3 pdfs one for each
2. I see the LIUK certificate has my current postcode,
When I will be applying for ILR, I will be in new address. Hope this should not be an issue.
3. The employer letter on foresee future, should this be issued by HR or can it be issued by my Manager. Should it has to be on company letter pad.

Thanks in advance.
Kumar

kumar84
India

NHS prescription for child and ILR

Post by kumar84 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Dear members,

In addition to above questions, Does the prescription change waver for child to get medicine count towards public fund?

Couple of months back the pharmacist just asked me to sign and give the prescription and did not charge anything for my son.

Will it have impact on my ILR?

Thanks,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Re: NHS prescription for child and ILR

Post by kumar84 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 am

Respected members,

Can you kindly help please?

kumar84 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:37 pm
Dear members,

In addition to above questions, Does the prescription change waver for child to get medicine count towards public fund?

Couple of months back the pharmacist just asked me to sign and give the prescription and did not charge anything for my son.

Thanks,
Kumar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:44 am

kumar84 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 am
Respected members,

kumar84 wrote:
Dear members,

Thanks,
Kumar
No.

Please remember that we are all unpaid volunteers on the forum and all have normal day jobs and family commitments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Thanks and apologies CR001
CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:44 am
kumar84 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 am
Respected members,

kumar84 wrote:
Dear members,

Thanks,
Kumar
No.

Please remember that we are all unpaid volunteers on the forum and all have normal day jobs and family commitments.

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:02 am

Dear CR001, Senior Members,

I am referring to one members post sandydec26 you provided link about cohabitation document (Hope this is applicable to Tier 2 Dependents as well?)

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -07-18.pdf

Page 63

'.... evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years'

Q1. Our PBS LTR was issued on 29 Nov 2017. Elgible for ILR 20 April 2020 (First visa issue Date is 18 May 2015).
Can we provide documents for 2 years starting Nov 2017?

Page 63

'If you did not live together for any part of the period you are relying on, tell us the reasons for
this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant
supporting evidence.

'

Q1. My wife has been outside the UK most of time in year 2018 (January to Oct 2018) , year 2019 ( since July 2019) for delivery.
During this time I have traveled to visit her twice and have been speaking to her everyday on Watsapp.

Can I provide the birth certificates of my 2 children, My travel tickets to visit them, tickets I purchased for her, screen shots of watsapp chat's as supporting evidence to cover last 2 years.

Our current VISA expires Jan 2021, They are more likely to be back in March/April 2020.

Do you think it is safe for me to apply first in April 2020. And by Aug 2020 for my wife and 2 children?
Or shall we apply together with me providing a letter and travel tickets as above.

Kindly advice.

Regards,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Dear Members,

Can you kindly advice please?

kumar84
India

New Dependent Visa after ILR

Post by kumar84 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:52 pm

Dear Members,

I am eligible for ILR this April.
I have a question about my new born outside the UK.
will I be able to apply for my kid PBS dependent when my application for ILR is submitted or should I first get the dependent visa or get my ILR to be granted first and then apply for PBS dependent visa after ILR is granted.

zimba
Mood:

Re: New Dependent Visa after ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:11 am

kumar84 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:52 pm
Dear Members,

I am eligible for ILR this April.
I have a question about my new born outside the UK.
will I be able to apply for my kid PBS dependent when my application for ILR is submitted or should I first get the dependent visa or get my ILR to be granted first and then apply for PBS dependent visa after ILR is granted.
If the child is outside the UK, they cannot apply with you. You all can apply for ILR together if you are all in the UK. Otherwise, you need to get your child a PBS dependant visa first. I suggest you do this before getting ILR as otherwise your child will then need a family visa which has different rules.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kumar84
India

New Dependent Visa after ILR

Post by kumar84 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:32 am

Thanks Zimba.

I thought of getting ILR before I travel outside UK to bring them to UK. As I would take additional holidays without impacting my ILR.

Assume If I apply for my child PBS depenedent first, get the passport with vignette sticker valid for 1 month. Then apply for same day visa, and hopefully get the BRP in a week's time and then travel to bring them back. Would this be an issue? Meaning will I require to have in hand Tier 2 BRP card to get my child BRP card?

My visa issue date is 18/05/2015. So I can apply for ILR 28 days before 18/05/2020, based on the calculater it comes on 20th April 2020.

1. Can I submit my application before 20th April and book for Super priority biometric appointment for 20th April

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:51 pm

I cannot tell you what to expect. Any delay in your ILR application could affect your travels. You can apply early and book an appointment within 28 days.
You do not need a Tier 2 BRP for your child to get ILR later. Your child as I said above must be granted visa before you get ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:15 pm

Dear Zimba/Members,

Because of current situation

1. I am planning to apply for my child Tier 2 Dependent Visa by this week with Visa start date of Mid-May. With the validity being till mid-June 2020
2. Wait for Dependent visa to be issued and Apply for my ILR in April 2020 in the UK.(priority/super-priority appointment).
3. Travel to bring my family in June, before the expiry of the 1-month temporary dependent visa

In worst case, if we are unable to travel to UK in June 2020, can I apply for Transfer of Condition Outside of the UK and get new temperoary visa issued?
If so
1. I will only have to pay the TOC fees and not the full VISA, IHS surchange etc. Do we have an online link for this please?
2. When I apply for TOC, my circumstances would have changed as I will hold ILR, Will I still be able to apply for TOC?

My initial VISA issue date is 18-May-2015. based on https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=
the date is 20 April 2020.

So I can submit my application on 20-04-2020 00hrs itself or Should I Submit after 20-04-2020

Thanks,
Kumar

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:05 pm

If the temporary visa expires you can apply to get it replaced. The fact that you get ILR will not affect it as you are applying for ILR under Tier 2.

https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Thanks very much Zimba.

I have just applied and paid the fees and IHS under category
Apply for PBS, Start-up,Innovator or Global Talent - Child visa

Is this category correct?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:03 pm

It should be. No experience with visas outside the UK

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:17 am

Dear Members, Zimba,

Thanks for your help and advice!

I am eligible and planning to submit the form on 21st April 2020. Hopefully by that time my daughter's gets her dependent visa (outside India) based on Tier 2 PBS Dependent.

When filling in the out of country dates in online SET(0) form, should I not include my departure and arrival date? As I read that only FULL day out of the country counts. Even I include these dates I am very well within the 180 days limit.

If I don't include the departure/arrival dates, the employer absence letter will however have it and there will be discrepancies in dates.

If I submit on 21st will below be okay
1, Employer letter and absence letter dated 1st week of April.
2. Salary Slip of March 2020
3. Bank Statement between March and April. (this will show the salary paid in for March)

All these are soft copy documents, will I need to take a printout of these when I go for appointment.

Is my assumption for process

1. Submission date is the application date and when submitting don't need to pay the fees.
2. Pay the fees and book Biometric appointment

Can I travel out of UK after the application submission and before booking Bio-metric appointment.

Thanks,
Kumar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:55 am

When filling in the out of country dates in online SET(0) form, should I not include my departure and arrival date? As I read that only FULL day out of the country counts. Even I include these dates I am very well within the 180 days limit.

If I don't include the departure/arrival dates, the employer absence letter will however have it and there will be discrepancies in dates.
You need to state your travel details in the form as asked. This is separate to your absence days where the date of departure and arrival are not counted for the total absence count.
If I submit on 21st will below be okay
1, Employer letter and absence letter dated 1st week of April.
2. Salary Slip of March 2020
3. Bank Statement between March and April. (this will show the salary paid in for March)
You only need one bank statement if submitting one payslip.
All these are soft copy documents, will I need to take a printout of these when I go for appointment.
Uploaded only. You only need your passport and brp for the appoinment for identity check.
1. Submission date is the application date and when submitting don't need to pay the fees.
2. Pay the fees and book Biometric appointment
1. Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
2. Yes.
Can I travel out of UK after the application submission and before booking Bio-metric appointment.
Probably, if you can get a flight, but i would suggest you do not travel at this time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:14 pm

Dear CR001 ,

Thanks very much for your quick response.

I was expecting to receive my daughter's VISA by end of this week, unfortunately because of lockdown vfs offices are closed till 14th April.

I was planning to get my ILR before I travel to get my family back, but now seems to be confused what would be my best option :(

I don't plan to travel before mid May. In current situation I may not find same day appointment easily, so If I happen to book bio metric appointment and had to travel in emergency will my application be deemed as withdrawn, and would I need to pay the fees again?

Is there any maximum number of days before which I will need to book biometric after submission of application?

Thanks in advance,
Kumar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:30 pm

If you have enrolled your biometrics and then leave the UK, the application will be considered withdrawn.

Many UKCVAS centres are closed at present, so impossible for anyone to say if you will get one or how quickly you will get a decision.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Thanks and sorry for more questions :

If it's considered withdrawn :
1. Will FULL fees ( Super Priority Service) be refunded
2. Reapplying at later after couple of months will it be an issue the withdrawn application cause any problem?

Regards,
Kumar

kumar84
India

Post by kumar84 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Dear CR001
Thanks and sorry for more questions :

If it's considered withdrawn :
1. Will FULL fees ( Super Priority Service) be refunded
2. Reapplying at later after couple of months will it be an issue the withdrawn application cause any problem?

Additionally, In the post

indefinite-leave-to-remain/covid-19-tie ... 99569.html

It is mentioned :

Home working
• We are aware that many workers sponsored under the Tiers 2 and 5 immigration routes are now working from home rather than their normal workplace due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Tiers 2 and 5 sponsors are normally required to notify us of such changes of circumstances. However, due to the current exceptional situation, we will not require sponsors to do so if working from home is directly related to the pandemic. Other changes must still be reported as usual

In 2018 , With approval from my Manger I had worked remotely from my home country (17 days) and Annual holiday(15 days). Total of 37 days (including Bank holidays + weekends)

In the absence letter I was planning to split this and mention Remote working (1 May to 17 May) and Annual Leave (26 Apr to 30 Apr & 18 May to 3 Jun) but was not reported to Homeoffice. Does this needs to be updated?

Regards,
Kumar