Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba

Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:26 am

ILR dependent

Post by mehedi14 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:32 am

Hi all,

I hope everybody is OK.

I am planning to apply for ILR in person on Croydon on 7th Nov 2012 with my wife (Dependent) as my current Tier 1 (General) visa expire on 5th Dec 2012.

Just have a quick query in regards to my dependant (Wife)

My wife got dependent visa on 29th October 2008 and she 1st came in to UK on November 2008. She was keep coming and going (5 times) till Nov 2010. Then she permanently moved to UK on 3rd of December 2010 and living with me continuously science then.

My Query is:
if we apply for ILR in person in November 7th will it be ok for my wife, as she will be with me for 1 year, 11 months, 4 days not 2 years?

If anybody could come forward would be much appreciated.

Senior Member
Posts: 697
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: London

Post by Smam » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:45 am


To be honest with you mate it all depends at the discretion of the CW no one can really suggest any thing to you my heart is saying that your wife will be ok for her ILR just dont try to mention this explicitly to the CW at the time of your application as the absence rules doesn't really applies to dependants and you might get away with that I can't really guarantee you any thing with surity as I dont really work for UKBA (Thanks God) but hopefully your wife should be ok just try to collect good co-hab docs that's all I can suggest and apply for your wife.

Please do kindly share your PEO Experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for you and for your wifes ILR.

Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:45 am

Post by tier1Reading » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:16 pm

I think you should be ok. There is no requirement that the dependent should be continuously in UK. If you can provide documents (utility bills, bank statements) in her name or joint names for 2+ years, this should be enough.