ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DV claim

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

K4ZUK10
Newly Registered
South Africa

ILR DV claim

Post by K4ZUK10 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:50 am

Good morning everyone,

I applied for ILR in April 2019 based on domestic abuse from a British sponsor, I had been in the UK for 3.5 years on an unmarried partner Visa. The evidence I supplied was 4 witness statements, a GP report detailing injuries (however the GP only relied on my statement and corroborated the injuries with what I said, the GP appointment was done a year or so after the physical attacks) I submitted bank statements showing financial blackmail as my partner and her mother threatened me with deportation after we split unless I paid them a monthly amount. I also included emails in which I was being threatened with said deportation after I stopped paying because I decided to apply for this Visa. The abuse I detailed in my statement to HO included financial control, emotional abuse and blackmail, controlling behaviour and physical violence. As a Male, I never reported these incidents to the police. My question is to anyone who has submitted an application with similar evidence. What was your experience like, was your evidence sufficient? How long did you wait and was your application successful?