ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility WP ( ICT)+ Extensions+Tier 2 WP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

king_kong

ILR Eligibility WP ( ICT)+ Extensions+Tier 2 WP

Post by king_kong » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi all,

I first entered UK on the 2nd October 2005 on WP (ICT). The work permit does not say ICT anywhere and its the old work permit system.
Got 2 extensions again on WP all well before the expiry of the active LTR.
Got Tier 2 WP on the 3rd June 2009 while the previous W/P was still valid.
Was out of country november 2007 for 5 days on vacation ( continued to be paid in the UK).
Was out of country on vacation for 2 weeks in february- march 2008 again on vacation, but continued to be paid in the UK.
Quit my previous employer on the 3rd June 2009.
Joined my new employer on the 10th June 2009.
Been continously in the UK since March 2008 ( never been out of the country).

My questions are:
1. I recently read that there is some problem with ICT not getting counted for ILR. Is that true in my case?
2. Will the 7 day break in emplyment ( ie leaving the old job on the 3rd June and joining the new employer on the 10th of june 2009) affect my ILR?
3. Is my case a straightforward one or do I need to take help from agents?
4. Do I get eligible for my ILR on the 3rd September 2010.

Many thanks for reading my post,and thanks in advance for your guidance.

Reason for editing- added further information.
Last edited by king_kong on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newly Registered

Post by 712 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Be safe seek professonal advise. Book an appointment with the Immigration advisory Service. They are a non profit making organisation. Wish I had done that before i lost my money. Got turned down last week for my ILR

king_kong

Sorry to hear that mate.

Post by king_kong » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:14 pm

712 wrote:Be safe seek professonal advise. Book an appointment with the Immigration advisory Service. They are a non profit making organisation. Wish I had done that before i lost my money. Got turned down last week for my ILR
I am terribly sorry to hear that. Please can you elaborate your circumstance and the reason why it was refused? I am a bit worried now.