ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - employee reference letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rabalondon
Newly Registered
India

Questions related to ILR application

Post by rabalondon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:32 am

Hi,

I have a few questions related to ILR application:

I want to apply ILR in August 2021 after finishing 5 years on tier 2 general visa in UK.

1. I am till now working with my first employer. However I am getting a new job offer now. Can I switch jobs and can still apply for ILR? I know I should be able to, but then the gov.uk website also mentions something like "you are with same employer"
1a. If I would be able to, what are the documents that I should ask from the first employer before leaving?

2. Can I stay away for more than 60 days in this last 12 months before my application? I know I should be able to up to 180 days but I have heard a lot of people advise me to not spend more than 60 days, however I don't see anywhere why

3. Would I be required to show all my addresses in UK in the last 5 years? I have been moving around in a lot of houses

4. I know of this below link for the details. Is there any other detailed document/link that explains the ILR process that talks about more details and nitty-gritties
https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... neral-visa

Any help will be much much appreciated 😊.

Thanks a ton in advance!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Questions related to ILR application

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:43 pm

1. Yes it is not a problem. You simply need absence letter from any previous employer(s)
2. Nonsense. The absence limit is 180 days in any 365 days period (rolling basis)
3. No just this current and the previous one
4. Read the current visa guide https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rabalondon
Newly Registered
India

ILR - employee reference letter

Post by rabalondon » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:24 pm

Hi all,

I on tier 2 general visa (tier 2 skilled worker visa now since the extension) and wish to apply for ILR. I have been in UK for five years now.

I took two months of unpaid leave in 2019 and I was also doing a work from home from India for 130 days early in 2021.
However, I have never dropped below minimum salary threshold for my job code throughout the five years neither have I been more than 180 days outside of UK in any rolling, fiscal or calendar year.

Can you please advise what are the details that I should ask for from my employer in the cover letter vis-a-vis absences?

Also, what is the point of including absences in cover letter? What is that home office look forward to checking from the list of leaves? And is it absolutely necessary? I am hearing different opinions on it and am a little confused.

Thanks in advance :) :)

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR - employee reference letter

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Two months of unpaid leave is not allowed unless there is an acceptable reason behind it
Absence from employment
9.30.1. A person on the Skilled Worker, Intra-Company, Representative of an Overseas Business, T2 Minister of Religion, T2 Sportsperson or T5 (Temporary Worker) routes who has been absent from work without pay, or on reduced pay, for more than 4 weeks during any calendar year may have their permission cancelled unless the reason for absence is one of the following:
(a) statutory maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave; or
(b) statutory adoption leave; or
(c) sick leave; or
(d) assisting with a national or international humanitarian or environmental crisis, providing their sponsor agreed to the absence for that purpose; or
(e) taking part in legally organised industrial action.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... or-refusal
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice