ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

to_be_or_not_to_be
Newly Registered
Mood:

ILR employer letter

Post by to_be_or_not_to_be » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Hi,

I'm applying for an ILR in 4 weeks and I have 2 points that are puzzling me:

Point -1:
I'm a doctor in training and currently on a 5 years tier 2 visa which started on 10-08-2016 and will expire on 20-09-2021. I'm currently employed till 03-09-2021 (end of my training period) and have secured a post-training permanent job however I will apply for an ILR before I start with them and getting a bit worried that my current employer has stated in their letter that they need me for the foreseeable future AND my current training will finish on 03-09-2021. I am getting worried that the home office can reject my ILR application given the stated end of training job date is before my tier 2 visa will expire.

Given the above, I have asked for an extension with my current employer for 6 months that will take me till March 2022 so if they change the employer letter to state that I'm needed for the foreseeable future and my contract will finish in March 2022, do you see that this could be a problem? is it possible that officer can turn my ILR application and ask me to extend my tier 2 visa instead?

Also, is it good to submit evidence that I secured a permanent job which I will start immediately after my training will conclude?

Point -2:
My husband is British by naturalization so once I get my ILR will I eligible to apply for naturalization without waiting 12 months? and could my kids apply for naturalization straight away without applying for ILR (all under 16 years) and have been living here with us for 8 years.

I look forward to your help and guidance and thank you all in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR employer letter

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:19 pm

Given the past reports on the forum, as long as the letter says they need you for the foreseeable future you should get ILR.
You all can immediately apply for citizenship after your ILR. However, note that your non-UK born kids must also hold ILR as they do not have any automatic entitlement to citizenship and they need ILR to be registered as British. You should apply for ILR together first
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

to_be_or_not_to_be
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by to_be_or_not_to_be » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:52 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Just because I'm a little bit worried, shall I apply for myself for an ILR and once approved apply for my kids? I don't want to take the risk of losing £££ if they all get rejected because of me.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:36 am

It is fine to apply separately
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice